News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 26, 2012, 09:01:10 PM
It is a wonderful time for japanphiles abroad- Besides the fabulous success of the english-speaking free released visual novel, russian japanophiles are working on one of their own.

In keeping with the Russian national character, it appears this will be one full of brooding, bad ends, and snow. I look forward to the english translation and it's eventual release.

I fell for the Lettow trap (I figured at worst, it would be good translation practice).  :(

Not any story really, basically just a solemn, anime reminder that on the anniversary of 9 May, one should respect, honor, and remember victory over the fascists in WW2, and the veterans who fought and died.

I guess one could say it had some brooding.

And I feel tainted.

Ideologue

What could you have possibly expected?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

Hey Mart, there are "Visit Poland" posters on the Tube at the moment. One says, "Visit a city you've never heard of," with a captioned picture of Warsaw  :lol: Now, I know Brits have a reputation for geographical ignorance, but that's just ridiculous  :D

The Brain

Not that strange. To most English speakers Warsaw is a weapon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on January 27, 2012, 05:31:35 AM

:unsure:
A weapon?
War -   Saw ?

I'd maybe never heard of Warsaw when I was 10 or something. I first learned of it via the Warsaw Pact in Civilization 2....
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've been to Warsaw Missouri.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Yngwie Malmsteen looks like Yi these days.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on January 27, 2012, 05:06:33 AM
Hey Mart, there are "Visit Poland" posters on the Tube at the moment. One says, "Visit a city you've never heard of," with a captioned picture of Warsaw  :lol: Now, I know Brits have a reputation for geographical ignorance, but that's just ridiculous  :D

A few years ago we had Romanian ones:
"Travel back to the Middle Ages!"

:XD:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I'm working on an essay, written 20 words or so so far.  This Murray-Djokovic match is incredible :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Men's tennis is never awesome.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 27, 2012, 08:50:52 AM

Are you kidding?  I always would check out John McEnroe matches to see if he was going to cuss out the ref.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2012, 08:58:03 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 27, 2012, 08:50:52 AM

Are you kidding?  I always would check out John McEnroe matches to see if he was going to cuss out the ref.

Fair point. anymore
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I saw an interview with Ivan Lendl the other day.  He's coaching Andy Roddick now.  Dude has one of the greatest accents of all time IMO.

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on January 27, 2012, 05:36:41 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 27, 2012, 05:31:35 AM

:unsure:
A weapon?
War -   Saw ?

I'd maybe never heard of Warsaw when I was 10 or something. I first learned of it via the Warsaw Pact in Civilization 2....
I think I may have confused it with Walsall when I was younger...

MadImmortalMan

Warsaw is in Indiana. Not far from Ft. Wayne.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers