News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

I want a short story in which Gilles de Rais is the hero of the Algerian war and is awarded a vast estate at the base of the Atlas mountains.

France Gall is too young to be his Holy Sacred Virgin though :(
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

If we are posting things for Tim's benefit, I made this  :blush:

Things to note: West Africa, Algeria, Quebec, New Caledonia, Occitania, Brittany, France and Lebanon are all members of the Francophone Union, which is to the West what the Co-Prosperity Sphere of Japan, Mengkukuo, Manchukuo, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines is to the orient.

Razgovory

Great, next he'll go on rampage and shoot Norwegians.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Razgovory

Making silly maps like that is the first step to a long path that ends in you shooting up Norwegians on some island.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

What year is that supposed to be?

EDIT: Is Alaska independent?

Eddie Teach

Notice how he's got all the border states as well as Kansas colored grey.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

The year is present day. The map is not based on any one event or anything- just the borders as i'd like to see them. Point of departure is whenever was necessary to bring about these borders- there are none I think are completely beyond possibility with some chain of events.

Alaska probably belongs to Canada; if you chose to believe its a haven for fringe militia types, you may do so.

Copenhagen is not free, either :)

Edit: We were robbed of Kansas! The lecompton constitution is valid for a thousand years! Kansas is rightfully a Southern state!

Razgovory

Why not just make the whole US grey then?  Or the whole world?

Lettow77

What fun would a Confederate world be? It sounds dismal and dreary. This is confederacy's largest possible/reasonable extenuation; I can't imagine a confederate new hampshire, and why would I want to do so? Confederate Nicaragua though, I can imagine, and it pleases me to imagine. It would increase the CSA's overall yukkuri score.

Kansas could plausibly have had a Southern culture if the acts of the 1850s had gone differently, is the crucial difference. It should have, absent the deeds of the colonization society.

The CSA is not even necessarily the centrepiece of this map

Edit: the centrepiece is undoubtedly the francophone union, it's so delightful  :blush:

Josquius

I had my lie in  disrupted today by a magnitude 5 earthquake centred a few miles down the road <_<
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

You know, every time I think my life is sad, Lettow posts; and I feel better.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

I provide an important service to Raz and Ide in that sense, I suppose. The primary difference though, is I'm quite happy with life at the moment.