News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 26, 2012, 03:38:31 PM
It's noble to know your station and restrain yourself. Hierarchy is delightful and a source for stability in this world.

You should repress your ambitions as unbecoming of who you are- the lonely frustration is a poignant and beautiful thing.

When you do this, you will gradually come to realize it is entirely as Dr. Pangloss said.

On the other hand, this is actually the most motivating thing I've ever read.  I'm pretty sure what it's motivating me to do is to slap Lettow in the mouth, but I can sublimate that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

I way way to much disdain for authority for that.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Larch

The definitive office sandbox:

I'm sure that CdM has one like this.  :P

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on January 26, 2012, 04:03:22 PM
The definitive office sandbox:

I want a DAK versus 8th Army one :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

It is a wonderful time for japanphiles abroad- Besides the fabulous success of the english-speaking free released visual novel, russian japanophiles are working on one of their own.

In keeping with the Russian national character, it appears this will be one full of brooding, bad ends, and snow. I look forward to the english translation and it's eventual release.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tonitrus

One might wonder why so-called Russian characters are in front of a statue of (as I analyze it) Minoru Genda, but at least even in bronze, he is doing a face-palm.

(if anyone cares, the text says "Wow!  What are you all dressed up for?")

Ed Anger

Razgovory

That's a good pic for the response Ed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 26, 2012, 09:07:35 PM
One might wonder why so-called Russian characters are in front of a statue of (as I analyze it) Minoru Genda, but at least even in bronze, he is doing a face-palm.

(if anyone cares, the text says "Wow!  What are you all dressed up for?")

Ah, further research indicates the subject has to do with Russia's victory in WW2.  So Genda is probably face-palming that Sakhalin and the Kurils fell into the hands of the USSR.

Razgovory

When are the Japanese going to learn that they were the only ones who expected school girls to be soldiers in WWII.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Josquius

██████
██████
██████