News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

I don't think we're talking about the same person.   :hmm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesley_J._McNair
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on November 27, 2011, 05:58:25 PM
It's weird to feel yourself go from reasonably upbeat to despondent in the span of about twenty minutes, for identifiable but objectively inadequate reasons. :(

Is it still manic-depression if your moods swing only from "entirely shitty" to "normal"?

Nope.  That's just normal depression.  Manic is where you suddenly get up and decide to move your furniture out on the lawn.  Then take a chainsaw to it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

<_<

The local radio station here that actually didn't have a terrible morning show for the last ~20 years fired the two guys (Lisle and Hahn) and brought in some group of retards from Tulsa to replace them.  "The Billy Madison Show." 

I thought in order to get on the radio, NOT having whiny, annoying voices would have been a requirement, but I guess I was wrong.  Also, for a comedy show, they're astoundingly unfunny.  Lisle and Hahn weren't OMG AWESOME MUST LISTEN or anything, but jesus....these new guys are embarrassingly bad. 

FunkMonk

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 28, 2011, 10:41:52 AM
<_<

The local radio station here that actually didn't have a terrible morning show for the last ~20 years fired the two guys (Lisle and Hahn) and brought in some group of retards from Tulsa to replace them.  "The Billy Madison Show." 

I thought in order to get on the radio, NOT having whiny, annoying voices would have been a requirement, but I guess I was wrong.  Also, for a comedy show, they're astoundingly unfunny.  Lisle and Hahn weren't OMG AWESOME MUST LISTEN or anything, but jesus....these new guys are embarrassingly bad.

Holy shit they got fired? What the fuck for? I listened to them since I was in elementary school.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 28, 2011, 10:43:44 AM
Holy shit they got fired? What the fuck for? I listened to them since I was in elementary school.  :(

Yep they're gone, and it's weird not hearing them on the radio in the mornings when I check to see what's on KISS.

I guess their ratings were dropping.  I just can't see how OMGLOL I JUST GOT PEPPER SPRAYED IN THE STUDIO HERE DIDNT YOU HEAR THAT SPRAYING NOISE AND THE SCREAM LOLOLOL is going to get those ratings back up though...

Edit:  Imagine the above in a high pitched, breaking voice.  That's the KISS morning show experience now.

FunkMonk

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 28, 2011, 10:52:08 AM
Fuck this world.  :( :( :(

:(  I will still do the primal scream every Friday in their honor.  It just won't be nearly as awesome because I'm not John Lisle.

FunkMonk

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 28, 2011, 10:54:06 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 28, 2011, 10:52:08 AM
Fuck this world.  :( :( :(

:(  I will still do the primal scream every Friday in their honor.  It just won't be nearly as awesome because I'm not John Lisle.

I used make the joke at work about advocating the four-day work week. And no more Yolanda.  :(

Ideologue

Radio morning shows suck?  Thanks for the report from 1985 guys.

:P

I just listen to the station that doesn't have a DJ at all.  No make-work for scumbags.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 28, 2011, 11:00:08 AM
I used make the joke at work about advocating the four-day work week. And no more Yolanda.  :(

Man.  Blah.   :(

I need to get a new occupation of something that doesn't have me in the car listening to the radio at any time between 6 -9am now.   :P 

QuoteRadio morning shows suck?  Thanks for the report from 1985 guys.

That's the whole thing:  The old dudes were one of the only ones I know of that didn't suck terribly.  There's also the dude on one of the classic rock stations who is pretty much just a regular DJ who talks a little more and has the occasional call in contest for concert/Spurs/Cowboys/Alamobowl/whatever tickets.  He's alright, but goddamn when he laughs....well let's just say he seems to smoke a lot.  He's not coughing or anything, but you can hear the phlegm in there (or at least I can).  "Augh goddamn, Crash.  Stop laughing."

I dunno.  Maybe I've just been catching the new crew at bad times or something.  This morning, that stupid pepper spray bit just annoyed me enough to trigger the posting response.

Grey Fox

I've switched Radio station this fall. It's the same old funny crew at my original station but they started playing more music and I guess I'm too old to listen to the kids music on a regular basis so I've switched to talk radio.

*shrug*
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

You guys still listen to radio? :huh: That's like reading newspapers.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011