News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I loved going to Wegman's as a kid because they always gave kids free cookies. The good ones they made in the bakery.

Also, the first time I ever saw a Lamborghini in person was there. It was owned by the son of the Wegman's owner. Dunno why I remember that. Is the company based in Rochester or somewhere close by? The guy apparently lived nearby.

Edit: Wiki says it is. Huh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

So, like, half the city is burning. Should help the housing market. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 18, 2011, 05:49:00 PM
So, like, half the city is burning. Should help the housing market.

Play White Rabbit while watching it burn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Admiral Yi

I can't tell if you're joking.  Is Reno 911 really going up in flames?

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2011, 09:10:18 AM
I don't really even remember anything about this gig.  Looking it up, it's in Washington--D.C.  That's far down my list of places I actually want to live, but at least that's balanced by it being sort of nearby rather than across the country, plus my vote would finally count if I lived in the district.
No it wouldn't.  It would just not count in a different way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Several of my coworkers had to leave because they were ordered to evacuate their homes. It's half the damn city.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111118/NEWS/111118012/Google-map-affected-fire-areas

Josquius

Ahh, installing new computer hardware; the time when I say a little prayer to the machine god.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2011, 09:10:18 AM
I don't really even remember anything about this gig.  Looking it up, it's in Washington--D.C.  That's far down my list of places I actually want to live, but at least that's balanced by it being sort of nearby rather than across the country, plus my vote would finally count if I lived in the district.
Good luck.  DC may not be ideal (I mean it's no Pacific Northwest :wub:) but a few years and you can probably flit elsewhere.

Regardless sounds like your applications are doing right :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on November 18, 2011, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 17, 2011, 07:19:35 PM
Does anyone know (Scandistanis?) what Saferide means?

Have you been listening to Hello Saferide?
Yes
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on November 18, 2011, 11:38:23 PM
Ahh, installing new computer hardware; the time when I say a little prayer to the machine god.

Seriously.  Good luck.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Mr.Penguin

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Threviel

Yes

It's something she picked up when studying in the US. Saferide was a taxi service for female students in some New England town she lived in.

Listen to her Swedish stuff under the name Säkert also, far superior to her English songs.

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on November 19, 2011, 02:11:40 AM
Yes

It's something she picked up when studying in the US. Saferide was a taxi service for female students in some New England town she lived in.

Listen to her Swedish stuff under the name Säkert also, far superior to her English songs.
Agreed, I've liked Sakert for years.
So its just gibberish huh...
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Threviel on November 19, 2011, 02:11:40 AM
Yes

Stalk 'er much?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.