The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 25, 2011, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2011, 11:57:15 AM
Formula 1 is coming to New Jersey, 5 miles north of me.  :blink: :yeah:

Enjoy a race with 6 cars. Best F1 race ever.  :lmfao:
That 2005 Indy race was pretty amusing in a way, but only because I despise Tony George.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on October 25, 2011, 11:16:30 AM
Female colleague and I over lunchbreak, dicussing reviews for Arkham City:
She: "If Arkham City is considered sexist, then what is GTA where you can hire a hooker and kill her afterwards to get your money back?"
Me: "Realistic?"
Gary Leon Ridgway was a big fan of GTA. -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I have just bought a second hand sofa for 2500 yen. Woot.
I'm worried about the price though. When I saw it iI had to ask the guy on the shop if that was really the price as it seemed so unlikely a price in comparison to the others in the shop. Especially since its condition isn't massively awful, just a few scratches (its nasty fake leather stuff). I'm worried it might be full of bees or something.

Do proper sofa covers exist?  Or must I buy bed sheets and stitch them over it?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on October 26, 2011, 04:47:45 AM

How many quid is that?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 26, 2011, 05:00:26 AM

How many quid is that?

According to google:
Quote2500 Japanese yen = 32.93 U.S. dollars
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on October 26, 2011, 05:16:12 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 26, 2011, 05:00:26 AM

How many quid is that?

According to google:
Quote2500 Japanese yen = 32.93 U.S. dollars

How many quid is that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I'm worried about the price though. When I saw it iI had to ask the guy on the shop if that was really the price as it seemed so unlikely a price in comparison to the others in the shop. Especially since its condition isn't massively awful, just a few scratches (its nasty fake leather stuff). I'm worried it might be full of bees or something.

Bee couch?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2011, 06:55:09 AM
I have a cold.  :(

Josq is gonna get the crabs from his ratty couch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

They do. Have you never been to Ikea?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0DlcxyY5M  Early Nintendo commercials were really, really weird.  It's like they teamed up with the Daleks to make this one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

If I were white, my white whine of the day would be: "Ugh, Gossip Girl is filming on my street right now and I had to walk in the street to get home as there's crowds and crowds of people."

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on October 26, 2011, 08:55:12 PM
i need a new job <_<

You should for a job at the prosecutor's office in Alberta. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011