News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

A man I greatly respect and owe a good deal disappointed me by claiming the american psychological association "sold out" and rolled over by declaring that homosexuality was not a mental illness. Of course I didn't presume to disagree with him openly, but it was a shame to see.

He is a very good man, but you always know his views before asking.  A disproportionate number of people close to me have been lesbians, and on a bad day my sexuality isn't very clear to me. I keep this to myself, since its a stumbling block with other conservative Southerners- people I don't actually have much, if anything, in common with.

(That said, I missed them terribly when I left the South. Camo culture is uh..quaint.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Lettow77

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 28, 2011, 07:08:46 PM
It couldn't possibly hurt, I think, what with yuri being the purest form of love and whatnot.

On a related note, i've been reading Yukio Mishima lately, and Spring Snow was a masterpiece. I really wish I could have spoken with him.

edit: the secret about the Pure Land, though, is that it can't be attained, I think. That makes me wonder if the pursuit should be despaired of, or proceed anyhow as a gesture independent of the expectation of success. I incline to the latter, since the first doesn't really leave me with anything.

THE FOOLISH CLAIMS

OF A SORROWFUL YOUTH

No no the pure land was attained just the now, and the exaltation has been extremely merry
the tears are
delicious

I shall write a sonnet as soon as reason returns
this beautiful feeling! It is a pleasure to share this with everyone

how I wish one of you were here- Neil, I'd make you tea! Miu miu miu miu

Neil

In this day and age, what is a mental illness anymore?  If anything is, then Martinusism is.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 06:39:37 PM
Goddamn it.  I stepped on my glasses.  I need those.

I try to avoid walking on my counters.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

It seems that I rearrange the furniture in my flat every month....
This time it seems a totally new place. Which is cool.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Habbaku on October 28, 2011, 11:45:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 06:39:37 PM
Goddamn it.  I stepped on my glasses.  I need those.

I try to avoid walking on my counters.

You really ought to leave them in the box when you're not playing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

I was browsing WW1 books online and a Harry Turtledove book popped up. :bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

Razgovory

Why did I click that?  Fortunately I only got a glimpse of whatever it was before McAffee said, "No!  You aren't going there!".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

I am immune to Javascript.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2011, 10:33:01 PM
Why did I click that?  Fortunately I only got a glimpse of whatever it was before McAffee said, "No!  You aren't going there!".

I knew better to but I couldn't help myself. :(

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 30, 2011, 10:41:43 PM
I am immune to Javascript.

I clicked on the link and enabled Javascript on that site.  I think I need help.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Lettow77

I really love my roommate. I am going to write him a sonnet in the near future.

It isn't a passionate love, but it is a consummate one. I'd do most anything for him, and I really wish there weren't any number of social barriers that kept us from cuddling. I could write a sonnet about that subject as well, but I fear it wouldn't fit within the general theme of my Il Canzoniere project.

Tonight we stepped out of a diner and the air was just the right temperature, and it was totally silent- except for my troublesome babble. Once I stopped it, it was just us, and he cut a gallant figure in his european-style coat, and it just made me quite warm and content, although I myself was poorly dressed for the weather.

It's such a pleasure to know him. Don't you all have someone in your life who enriches it immeasurably, Languish?

Edit: Actually, he has figured into one sonnet I composed already, one I never saw fit to share with languish due to its intensely personal nature. Just the part describing him is sanitary, though:  "A dashing young prince of elven feature...with emerald eyes and a comely cast"

Josquius

...Do it. The awkwardness might be so powerful a new form of energy forms which can solve all the world's problems.
██████
██████
██████