News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Can't convince my friend that the expression is "for all intents and purposes" not, as he says, "all intensive purposes." :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2011, 08:48:56 PM
Can't convince my friend that the expression is "for all intents and purposes" not, as he says, "all intensive purposes." :D

So just mock him whenever it comes up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Our disgusting little backwater has a mormon! I was so elated to meet him!

I shook his hand, I gushed to those around me how great mormonism was
and amidst extolling its virtues promised a paean to his religion by tomorrow, in sonnet form
it is the greatest of religions, and he lives on our very campus!

A saint on campus has me breathless. Absolutely delightful. I have inspiration and a sonnet to work on.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 02, 2011, 09:12:57 PM
Our disgusting little backwater has a mormon! I was so elated to meet him!

I shook his hand, I gushed to those around me how great mormonism was
and amidst extolling its virtues promised a paean to his religion by tomorrow, in sonnet form
it is the greatest of religions, and he lives on our very campus!

A saint on campus has me breathless. Absolutely delightful. I have inspiration and a sonnet to work on.
There are a fair number of Mormons around here.  My mother in law used to work with one who was a Director of something or other at Yum! Brands.  He was really into stockpiling guns, ammo, and canned goods. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

I decided on a whim to put all my Pink Floyd CDs into iTunes, so I could have entire albums on there instead of just random songs, and......I seem to have lost Echoes, Meddle, Wish You Were Here, Division Bell, Ummagumma, Animals, and Delicate Sound of Thunder.  What the fuck man.  :(

Also, iTunes has the album artwork for Pulse, but not The Wall (or A Momentary Lapse of Reason).  I wonder if they have Is There Anybody Out There?.  E: They don't.

HVC

Looking for work sucks. that is all.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2011, 07:34:49 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 03, 2011, 07:03:36 PM
Looking for work sucks. that is all.

You don't say.
:lol: i'm in a cycle. An annoying cylce. i need my designation to get a good job (ie money :P ), but i need experience to get my designation, which i can't get because i need said designation.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 03, 2011, 06:24:59 PM
I decided on a whim to put all my Pink Floyd CDs into iTunes, so I could have entire albums on there instead of just random songs, and......I seem to have lost Echoes, Meddle, Wish You Were Here, Division Bell, Ummagumma, Animals, and Delicate Sound of Thunder.  What the fuck man.  :(

Also, iTunes has the album artwork for Pulse, but not The Wall (or A Momentary Lapse of Reason).  I wonder if they have Is There Anybody Out There?.  E: They don't.

You lost the actual CDs? Well the good news is you can buy them all again now in one nice, and rather expensive box set.  :D

Delicate Sound of Thunder...meh, not missing much there.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

note to self-
scandal

and buy milk
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Steve Jobs' grave is whirring in contentment.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

I've just bought a new dvd drive, just to check....it doesn't matter which sata connector on the motherboard it goes into right?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

It should not. Some HDDs are retard and like to be on the first one but for the dvd drive it shouldn't matter.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2011, 02:11:26 AM
Steve Jobs' grave is whirring in contentment.

What did you just buy?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.