News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Ideologue

Is there any good reason why Microsoft designs their updates so that they restart your computer while you're in the middle of working on something and steal four hours worth of effort?  God.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2011, 03:08:19 AM
Is there any good reason why Microsoft designs their updates so that they restart your computer while you're in the middle of working on something and steal four hours worth of effort?  God.

:rolleyes: if you let the updater restart without asking you, that's your problem.

Josquius

That is a big pain.
Also annoying is the way they turn your computer on from hibernation to restart it.

Quoteif you let the updater restart without asking you, that's your problem.
It asks you...but it does in such a sudden way that you press a button and it seems you've accidentally pressed yes, restart! or the timer has counted down, or something like that.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on October 14, 2011, 03:23:55 AM

:rolleyes: if you let the updater restart without asking you, that's your problem.
Fair enough.  I didn't even know I could change it, but now have.  It really ought not be the default, or even if it is, it should recognize when you're saving a file and wait till that's done.

Also, I'd complain about the lack of an autosaving featuring on Photoshop, but it's not like I [redacted]
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Brazen

Just how phallic does Germany's new Euro Hawk drone look?

Got to love the Iron Cross for added effect.

The Larch

Quote from: Brazen on October 14, 2011, 06:33:54 AM

It only lacks two round jets at the back, one at each side of the tail.  :lol:

HisMajestyBOB

It's uniball, like Hitler.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Proof that any song can be made well if the singer has enough creativity and talent! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxleH60hDJY
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

It's Friday! Let's get down.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 09:50:38 AM
Proof that any song can be made well if the singer has enough creativity and talent! :o

Haven't you linked this before? :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Quote from: Brazen on October 14, 2011, 06:33:54 AM

It looks the same as the respective American drone that's been around for half a decade or so, no?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 14, 2011, 10:06:03 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 09:50:38 AM

Haven't you linked this before? :yeahright:
I am a forgetful man. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point