News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

That wasn't funny, in more ways than one.

Ideologue

My right leg is in a really obnoxious state of dull pain for the past couple of days, and I have no idea why.  It's in my muscle, vastus lateralis I think, and has nothing to do with whether or not I move it or not.  Flesh-eating bacteria?  Anyway, it's really bothersome, and you should know about it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2011, 09:01:53 AM
My right leg is in a really obnoxious state of dull pain for the past couple of days, and I have no idea why.  It's in my muscle, vastus lateralis I think, and has nothing to do with whether or not I move it or not.  Flesh-eating bacteria?  Anyway, it's really bothersome, and you should know about it.
It's a blood clot, probably fatal

Barrister

Sounds like gout. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

It could be soft tissue sarcoma.  It's only occasionally fatal, so I wouldn't worry.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2011, 09:06:03 AM

No it doesn't. :P  Gout principally afflicts joints and tendons.  Besides, I likely have low uric acid levels due to my diet.  You know what's a low-purine food?  Chocolate. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on September 30, 2011, 09:11:12 AM
It could be soft tissue sarcoma.  It's only occasionally fatal, so I wouldn't worry.

For a while I thought I had a brain tumor.  It turns out I was probably just a jerk.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2011, 09:15:41 AM

No it doesn't. :P  Gout principally afflicts joints and tendons.  Besides, I likely have low uric acid levels due to my diet.  You know what's a low-purine food?  Chocolate. :)

Scurvy then. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2011, 09:35:30 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2011, 09:15:41 AM

Scurvy then. :(

:(

Thanks for reminding me to take my vitamin. :P
Kinemalogue

DGuller

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

mongers

So long, and thanks for all the fish.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2011, 05:59:35 PM

Don't do it, Mongers!

DOES SOMEONE HAVE HIS NUMBER?
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on September 30, 2011, 05:59:35 PM

What is this supposed to mean Mongers?