News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2011, 05:48:08 PM
Another story was about a Long Island high school kid who has been arrested for taking SATs for six other students.  He charged $1,500-$2,500 per.  He has been charged with a felony, the dumb rich kids are being charged with misdemeanors.  Not sure I get that one. :hmm:
He's not rich, and so his parents aren't able to provide political pressure.  No prosecutor ever lost an election for dropping the hammer on a poor kid.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2011, 03:01:15 PM
Two separate issues.  One is that I didn't realize that automatic bill pay doesn't transfer over when you move.  Therefore, I'm 2 months behind on that.  The more infuriating issue is that I was told by the technician setting up the cable that he didn't need my old cable box back, since it was too old.  Apparently, he was wrong, and he was not authorized to say that, because Comcast charged me for it.

I'm now trying to track down my old apartment building management, to see what they've done with it.  If they threw it out, I'm screwed.  Those cable boxes must be made out of gold.

This just in: all of Comcast's field techs are contractors, and they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 28, 2011, 04:23:36 PM
Languish- this doesn't quite merit a thread, but I am going to write a speech about maladies that can improve a young woman, refining her from the vulgar sensibilities of the modern era to something more in line with classical beauty.

So far I have blindness, to fight vanity, build a wall of separation from the impure women of society, and encourage her to be a homebound lady,
and anemia to prevent her from unfeminine levels of exertion, a becoming pallor, and a certain languid poise.

What is the best third candidate, though? We want something adorable.  TB and narcolepsy are not ideal, but in the absence of a superior candidate I may have to choose one to go forward.

I so enjoy watching the budding development of a serial killer.

Lettow77

Now CdM! I am incredibly gentle. I like tea, naps, and kittens.

In any event, I am toying with going with "the vapours" as the third option.

It will be hard to defend, and harder to back up the clinical evidence.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 28, 2011, 09:30:19 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on September 28, 2011, 04:23:36 PM
Languish- this doesn't quite merit a thread, but I am going to write a speech about maladies that can improve a young woman, refining her from the vulgar sensibilities of the modern era to something more in line with classical beauty.

So far I have blindness, to fight vanity, build a wall of separation from the impure women of society, and encourage her to be a homebound lady,
and anemia to prevent her from unfeminine levels of exertion, a becoming pallor, and a certain languid poise.

What is the best third candidate, though? We want something adorable.  TB and narcolepsy are not ideal, but in the absence of a superior candidate I may have to choose one to go forward.

I so enjoy watching the budding development of a serial killer.
he couldn't even pull off his cross country tour. It takes commitment and drive to be a serial killer. At best he'll get one and get caught wearing her as a dress. My bet is he'll snap and spend the remainder of his days drawing cat girls on the loonie bin walls.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Lettow77

haha HVC! You try spending the summer abroad amongst yankees! I did just fine, i'll have you know. It was a learning experience and I am proud of it. I was gone for some two months amongst the beast, you know.

And I met real mormons! no, the VISION QUEST TO THE WEST was a brilliant success that taught me all about renouncing the defiled world and attaining the pure land.

edit: I hesitate to say it, but i've sort of grown out of catgirls  :Embarrass:

I still like cats, and girls. Hard to say why they quit clicking so pleasantly. It is all about maids.

HVC

So what you're saying is that you do have what it takes to become a serial killer? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Lettow77

Er, not at all. I am a gentle soul! I want a corgi.

HVC

Lettow77

jimmy olsen

What is this from? Some kind of Redwallesque RPG?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

That looks lik 4th edition.  You know, in a less enlightened age, you would be beaten for a faux-pas this serious.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Haha just watched the Braves and Red Sox get knocked out of the playoffs.   :nelson:  Watched the Orioles hit the game winning single in the bottom of the 9th, changed channels and boom Longoria home run to knock THA SAWKS out of the playoffs and send Tampa to play the Rangers.  Glorious.

Neil

Between the loss to the Bills and the elimination of the Sox, Boston has going to lose it's shit.  If the Raiders win on Sunday, the town will burn.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 28, 2011, 11:07:52 PM
Haha just watched the Braves and Red Sox get knocked out of the playoffs.   :nelson:  Watched the Orioles hit the game winning single in the bottom of the 9th, changed channels and boom Longoria home run to knock THA SAWKS out of the playoffs and send Tampa to play the Rangers.  Glorious.
Biggest collapse in Baseball history! :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point