News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Solyndra, a manufacturer of solar panels which received a $535 million loan guarantee from the US government and a visit by Obama to factory to tout his green jobs stuff, has declared bankruptcy.  We are out the $535 million.  One of the major investors in Solyndra was a heavyweight fundraiser for Obama and visited the White House 16 times.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 14, 2011, 05:43:00 PM
Solyndra, a manufacturer of solar panels which received a $535 million loan guarantee from the US government and a visit by Obama to factory to tout his green jobs stuff, has declared bankruptcy.  We are out the $535 million.  One of the major investors in Solyndra was a heavyweight fundraiser for Obama and visited the White House 16 times.

Well Yi, why don't you take one for the team and cover their costs.  You know, Country First!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I called it: my birthday sucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 14, 2011, 05:43:00 PM

Hey, you want guvmint oversight out of bidness, you got it.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on September 13, 2011, 10:09:57 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 13, 2011, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 13, 2011, 09:43:58 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 13, 2011, 05:01:50 PM
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer."
—Hunter S. Thompson - February 3, 2003

Fear is the mind-killer.

Yeah, mister blow my own brains out knows a lot about fear. <_<

Wouldn't suicide suggest he would know a lot about fear? :unsure:

I meant to imply that he did - far too much in fact.

Mostly though I'm just pissed that one of my favourite writers took the cowards way out. :(

Didn't seem to fear death did he?

If he was a Roman general or a Samurai would his suicide be acceptable? What's the difference?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2011, 06:30:55 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 14, 2011, 06:23:56 PM
I called it: my birthday sucks.

I made you a pie, but I ate it.

:lol:

After the past few days, I need to fast a little bit anyway.  It went from two bags of candy Monday to my parents taking me out to lunch yesterday to a pizza today.  I need to slow it down.

Quote from: TimHappy Birthday! :cheers:

But it's not!  Thanks, tho. :hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Etrade sent me an email about about an IPO.  First time that's happened.

Wonder how much the rip is. :ph34r:

Sophie Scholl

Anyone else catch the leaked Scarlett Johansson pics?  Not bad if a bit grainy.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

No, but now I know what I`m googling when I get home.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

The FBI is involved now in finding the original hackers who got into her phone, so get them while you can. :lol:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/09/scarlett-johansson-taps-fbi-over-nude-photos-leak/
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 14, 2011, 07:21:57 PM
Anyone else catch the leaked Scarlett Johansson pics?  Not bad if a bit grainy.

Well, now I know what I'm doing tonight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017