News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Holy shit. I hope that's not what he meant.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

OMG... someone... phone number... wtf I don't have the energy for this.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2011, 09:58:59 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 08:59:01 PM
I am going to go get my body ready, and then seek to renounce this defiled world and obtain the pure land.

Suicide? :huh:

Sounds more like he's going to get a high colonic.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2011, 09:58:59 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 08:59:01 PM
I am going to go get my body ready, and then seek to renounce this defiled world and obtain the pure land.

Suicide? :huh:

Who knows?  He might be just taking a shit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I think he means he's going to drink a lot of tea.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2011, 11:43:32 AM
I think he means he's going to drink a lot of tea.

It's really impossible to tell.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

Haha! No, languish. I hope nobody wasted concern my behalf. The Brain was hopefully not actually worried. Really, it wouldn't be a tragedy if anything happened to me, would it?

But no no, there was a careful set of steps.

1) defecation
2) purging
3) shower

followed by a darkening of all the lights, turning off all means by which others could contact me, and setting a giant amount of tea to boil.
I then proceeded to alternate between studying the moon runes and watching animu.

I achieved a breakthrough last night! The pure land chose to speak to me- I realized the cultural currency of the term "Extravagance is the enemy", and now seek to apply it to my life. There was a great ebullience that swept through me, and eventually I retired to the bed giggling. I stayed up until 7:00 or so though- I woke up pretty early, considering.

No, yesterday was a signal success in leaving behind the defiled world. The trouble with suicide, associates, is that there is no pure land beyond this one to attain that I know of. The pure land can only be achieved by a sort of leave of the self and the 3D world around you. Somewhere tied into this is the whispers of the enigmatic moon realm, that opens its mysterious runes to those who make themselves worthy before their altar.

But no, please don't worry about me, languish. Things are good lately. Should I decide to kill myself someday, it won't be in pursuit of a spurious paradise.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 11, 2011, 01:10:21 PM
Should I decide to kill myself someday, it won't be in pursuit of a spurious paradise.

Hopefully, it'll be in pursuit of a Greyhound bus.

Ideologue

Purging?  Well, that's unhealthy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Man, I am _so_ done with the brownhound. You see the weirdest people there.

For that matter, killing myself before Katawa Shoujo came out would be a grevious oversight.

Purging is unhealthy, and you should not do it except for ritualistic purposes. However, an important part of achieving the pure land is establishing the primacy of the mind over the body. I unfortunately have access to little food that isn't PIG DISGUSTING at the moment, and it would be improper for it defile the whole process with its presence.

Also: re "Renounce this defiled world and obtain the pure land" being misinterpreted, I am disappointed nobody here on languish is familiar with the Pure Land school of buddhism. This is usually a pretty scholarly bunch.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Dude, how fucking stoned are you?

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 11, 2011, 01:10:21 PM
Really, it wouldn't be a tragedy if anything happened to me, would it?

Yes, it would be a tragedy. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2011, 04:59:59 PM
I was correct! :)
You understood what he meant...that is not something to be proud of.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Vacation from today, tomorrow Australia. Wooo!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk