News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

I've got yellow fever like you wouldn't believe, but this moe shit is retarded.

I'm sorry I asked.  :sleep:

PDH

I dated a girl once of japanese ancestry..she was nice and cute and above all NOT A FUCKING JAPANESE BUT AN AMERICAN and didn't do stupid shit*.

Jesus, all the anime BullshitCifferentJapaneseMemesRetartadationIdiocy needs to be purged.

NOW.

*other than the regular stupid shit that women do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 05:28:27 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moe
third result down.

I hope you haven't started using Habakku as your model of how a "Southern Gentleman" is supposed to act.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Sunderland have a new Korean striker, apparently there is a song about him already.
"He shoots! He scores! He eats your labradors! Ji Dong Won! Ji Dong Won!"
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2011, 05:48:48 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on September 10, 2011, 05:19:43 PM
What the hell is moe culture?

You had to ask, didn't you?

I think Lettow explained it to us before, but I forced myself to forget.  I liked the Japanese better when the charged tanks armed only with a stick with a landmine attached.  You could at least respect that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Sorry! I think I may have been too curt, yeah. I'll do my best to be more pleasant in the future.

I was strained, but now I have a dark room to myself for 15 hours, a sack of apples, and six kinds of tea.
  I am going to go get my body ready, and then seek to renounce this defiled world and obtain the pure land.

Raz- I think I liked the Japanese better when that was the case as well. But It can't be helped.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2011, 08:36:51 PM
Sunderland have a new Korean striker, apparently there is a song about him already.
"He shoots! He scores! He eats your labradors! Ji Dong Won! Ji Dong Won!"

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2011, 08:40:40 PM
I liked the Japanese better when the charged tanks armed only with a stick with a landmine attached.  You could at least respect that.

They have the ability to do that now, but in slouch socks.

Ideologue

Quote from: Zoupa on September 10, 2011, 07:05:35 PM
I've got yellow fever like you wouldn't believe, but this moe shit is retarded.

I'm sorry I asked.  :sleep:

No shit.

In fairness to the Japanese, I'm pretty sure the people that like that over there are considered just as damaged as they are here.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on September 10, 2011, 07:59:09 PM
I dated a girl once of japanese ancestry..she was nice and cute and above all NOT A FUCKING JAPANESE BUT AN AMERICAN and didn't do stupid shit*.

Jesus, all the anime BullshitCifferentJapaneseMemesRetartadationIdiocy needs to be purged.

NOW.

*other than the regular stupid shit that women do.

:yes:

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but back in high school I dated the daughter of the freaking Japanese consul general, but having lived her life overseas she had little interest in any kind of stupid japanese shit.

Now she was crazy as a shithouse rat, but in a throughly North American way.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on September 10, 2011, 05:19:43 PM
What the hell is moe culture?
It's when boys and men become obsessed with entertainment for girls because it's cute.  It's like being gay, only even more damaging to you future prospects.  These are the people who become shut-ins and separate themselves from society because they become crazy enough to start thinking that they can have a relationship with a fictional cartoon character.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 10, 2011, 10:56:30 PM
I dated the daughter of the freaking Japanese consul general

Now she was crazy as a shithouse rat, but in a throughly North American way.

Jesus, I bet.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 03:18:23 PM
You'd be surprised. I've heard the otherwise laid-back, friendly community of bronies putting down anime, but for the most part they've just never tried it.
Just like followers of one anime will put down another anime.  It's the same phenomenon, caused by too much permissiveness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I WISH I HADN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT TEAM FORTRESS 2 SERVER.

Christ.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 08:59:01 PM
I am going to go get my body ready, and then seek to renounce this defiled world and obtain the pure land.

Suicide? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.