News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I don't think there is anything positive about more american men appreciating my little pony.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

The campaigns of the Mongols killed 40 million? :yeahright:

http://necrometrics.com/pre1700a.htm
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Symphony of Science - the Quantum World!
Featuring Morgan Freeman, Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Richard Feynman, and Frank Close.

Pro: :nerd:
Con: heavy use of auto-tune.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2011, 02:44:06 AM

The site claimed gun control killed 56 million people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2011, 09:01:12 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2011, 02:44:06 AM

The site claimed gun control killed 56 million people.
I'm sure Persians could've protected themselves better from the exterminating Mongols if they all had .357 or 9mm handguns.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 12:13:02 AM
I spend some time in Ponyville and Canterlot when I TF2.

It's no weeabootique, but it's a poor second.

Ponys are a crucial step to american men accepting moe, and a positive cultural development.

*blacklists server*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 12:13:02 AM
I spend some time in Ponyville and Canterlot when I TF2.

It's no weeabootique, but it's a poor second.

Ponys are a crucial step to american men accepting moe, and a positive cultural development.
I think that the young men who have succumbed to ponyism are already the sort who embrace 'moe' culture, and so it's not really a step at all.  It's just another way for an out-there subculture to further alienate itself from the mainstream.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

You'd be surprised. I've heard the otherwise laid-back, friendly community of bronies putting down anime, but for the most part they've just never tried it.

A majority of them have never heard of K-on!, which they would probably greatly enjoy. Japanese cultural imperialism has receded greatly since the days of toonami.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Zoupa

What the hell is moe culture?

Tonitrus

Lettow77

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moe
third result down.

It's really easy- don't pretend its some obscure, unknowable babble.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2011, 05:28:27 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=moe
third result down.

It's really easy- don't pretend its some obscure, unknowable babble.
2nd result
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

moe culture, moe problems.   :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)