And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2011, 01:11:58 AM
Romney leading Obama, Perry tied, Bachman trailing close behind

Got any polls from 2007 you want to show us?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Is this real?

Quote from: Paul Krugman Aug 2, 2002

Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 02:06:54 PM
Is this real?

Quote from: Paul Krugman Aug 2, 2002

Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble.
It is.  It's also sarcastic.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2011, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2011, 01:11:58 AM
Romney leading Obama, Perry tied, Bachman trailing close behind

Got any polls from 2007 you want to show us?

Romney vs Obama might be interesting, I don't think most people had heard of Perry or Bachman though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 23, 2011, 02:58:43 PM
Romney vs Obama might be interesting, I don't think most people had heard of Perry or Bachman though.

It would be still be just as relevent to next year's election.  Next November's election.  As in...more than a year from now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Page 666.

I was away, what(why) did I miss?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2011, 01:56:45 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2011, 01:51:22 PM
The kind of thinking that doesn't over-dramatize minor events?

"Oh, a plane hit the building next door.  We'll be perfectly safe in this building".  -Dguller

"Hooray, free day off!" -Razgovory
You're dark, man.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 23, 2011, 09:32:37 PM
Page 666.

I was away, what(why) did I miss?
Evidently, 50 posts per page setting.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2011, 09:13:07 PM

I don't get it.  Looks like a PK, some fruit, cheese and wine?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Is it the anniversary of the movie Metropolis or something? (wasn:t that....29 or so?).
Google has a cool art decoy sci-fi image today.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2011, 12:36:37 AM
Is it the anniversary of the movie Metropolis or something? (wasn:t that....29 or so?).

Oh, you see that too? I just assumed that was future me trying to communicate to current me thought the medium of Google logos.  I hate that guy, he's had it in for me ever since he started putting on weight.  Still this is good news, I guess that means I'm not crazy.  Now I'll have to change the avatar. <_<  Future me is going to be on my ass about that as well, probably.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on August 23, 2011, 11:47:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 23, 2011, 09:13:07 PM

I don't get it.  Looks like a PK, some fruit, cheese and wine?
Most still lifes leave out the PKM for some reason, this painting is just telling it like it is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

You can click that image, you know?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on August 24, 2011, 01:05:37 AM

You can click that image, you know?
It just brings up Korean gibberish though. :(

1 Karma Chameleon point