And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on August 22, 2011, 08:07:37 AM
quote of a friend's facebook status on his newly bought car:

Quotewondered why my so called economical and speedy car was ridiculously slow and used a quarter of a tank in one trip....Turns out today is the first time I have driven it without the handbrake on (faceslap)

:lol:

surely he can't be serious

Zanza

I consider buying an apartment. However, the price per square meter is about 2500 Euro ($330 / sq feet). At the current rental price of about 10-12 Euro/square meter, it would take at least 20-25 years to break even. Hmm... 

Tamas

has anyone ever been to that huge essen nerdfest?

http://www.merz-verlag.com/spiel/e031.php4

Essen Languish meet in October?  :hmm: Boardgames during the day, beers during the evenings.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 21, 2011, 11:40:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2011, 11:32:49 PM
If I can't tell who it is, it's not a very good drawing.

What if it's a completely lifelike depiction of somebody you've never heard of?

Moot point.  I've heard of FDR.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

You're aware that it's probably 90% Euro/Family Games with a smattering of RPG there?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2011, 11:43:26 AM
has anyone ever been to that huge essen nerdfest?

http://www.merz-verlag.com/spiel/e031.php4

Essen Languish meet in October?  :hmm: Boardgames during the day, beers during the evenings.
The website looks terribly unprofessional.

That reminds me that I once went to a real nerd fest in Essen maybe ten years ago: the Fanpro con. Fanpro was the company that published Shadowrun and DSA (German D&D) and several other RPGs etc.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KwangTiger

Tamas

Tamas

MadImmortalMan

Looks like DSK's charges are getting dropped.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 22, 2011, 02:37:23 PM
Looks like DSK's charges are getting dropped.

Hopefully they'll make him do another perp walk, just so I can hear Euro's hoot more.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I know a dude who just got this:

http://www.shelfreliance.com/one-year-deluxe-food-storage-package-br-family-of-five.html

I'd tell y'all more about the Cookout of the Survivalists, but not in an open forum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on August 21, 2011, 10:56:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2011, 10:15:28 PM
I thought it looked more like LBJ.

My first thought was Bil Murray.

Martin Van Buren, here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall