And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

HVC

looks like tattoos makes one angry.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Dennis Rodman had his pigment removed?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on August 12, 2011, 11:20:13 AM
looks like tattoos makes one angry.

And grow a horn on his head.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 09:38:30 AM
It's the United States.  36k/year is plenty.

After the "interview" for the shitty feed-me-till-I-make-it "job" at Walgreen's, I'm a bit more inclined to agree.

Bitch had be take one of those idiotic 70-part assessments to prove I have a fourth grade education before she was "up front with me" that the job I was being considered for was a cashier's position, with a $7.40/hr rate.

I think I'll accept the job and then fail to show up, and when she calls ask if she likes her time wasted.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

@Reuters Reuters Top News
FLASH: Appeals court rules that Obama's healthcare law's individual mandate to own health insurance unconstitutional

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2011, 12:15:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 09:38:30 AM
It's the United States.  36k/year is plenty.

After the "interview" for the shitty feed-me-till-I-make-it "job" at Walgreen's, I'm a bit more inclined to agree.

Bitch had be take one of those idiotic 70-part assessments to prove I have a fourth grade education before she was "up front with me" that the job I was being considered for was a cashier's position, with a $7.40/hr rate.

I think I'll accept the job and then fail to show up, and when she calls ask if she likes her time wasted.

She'll shrug and call the next person on the list and see if they want the job. It isn't easy being a asshole to an employer when the job market is full of replacements.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 09:44:15 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 05:21:48 PM
RESIST WE MUCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQe4KOrvsM
Yeah, I saw the same memo.

RE: Verbal Gaffs

All Republican loyalists are now authorized to again laugh at verbal gaffs after the long 2001-2009 hiatus so long as they do not laugh members of the GOP.  Al Sharpton it acceptable to be laughed at.  Laughing at Sarah Palin is unacceptable.  It is also now forbidden to observe any Republican using a teleprompter.  THIS WILL BE ENFORCED.  That is all.

I laughed at Bush when he made funny gaffes.  And why so defensive-- are you claiming Sharpton as one of your own?  :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Actually, I have absolutely no use for Sharpton.  Perhaps what I said was unfair.  Bush for all his faults was actually a fairly decent human being.  Sharpton is a shitbag.  He's a dishonest gadfly and rabble rouser.

I take back what I said.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

White folks were in caves while we were building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos ever got around to it.

Still the best Rev Al quote.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 02:35:23 PM
I was wondering if that was yesterday or something.  Bleh.  Now that I'm 30 I'm hostile to everyone under 30.

Hm, maybe he is 30.

Also, fuck you, grandpa.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Mongers is hitching a ride back to his home world.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?