News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

What do you call hideously expensive? I'm a Lagavulin fan, 15 YO costs me 50 EUR. Glennfiddich 12 YO used to cost 20-30 EUR depending on supermarket in Germany, 5 years ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2011, 02:44:43 AM
What do you call hideously expensive? I'm a Lagavulin fan, 15 YO costs me 50 EUR. Glennfiddich 12 YO used to cost 20-30 EUR depending on supermarket in Germany, 5 years ago.

it's about 27 euros now, down from like 36.

Syt

Hm, over here it costs about the same as the Jack Daniels Single Barrel, and 10 EUR over the "normal" JD.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Garbon,

You annoying a-hole! Bothering me when I'm busy to upgrade Facebook shit. Sheesh
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on August 11, 2011, 02:36:23 AM
Glenfiddich single malt whisky (12 yrs old iirc) is on sale at the local supermarket. It is still attricously expensive, but affordable.

Worth it?

I generally prefer smokier stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I seem to have lost the key for my new bike.
Gah.
Need to find it....or a hacksaw.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Went to see Cirque de Soleil Totem last night. Now that's one job you want to make sure you get along really well with your co-workers.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on August 11, 2011, 10:37:30 AM
Went to see Cirque de Soleil Totem last night. Now that's one job you want to make sure you get along really well with your co-workers.

Neat.  I've seen them on TV, it looks like fun.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 02:26:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 11, 2011, 11:05:09 AM
Happy Birthday to me! :w00t:

How old are you now?

He's 29.  He made a big deal about it when someone called him a virgin.
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

I was wondering if that was yesterday or something.  Bleh.  Now that I'm 30 I'm hostile to everyone under 30.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 02:35:23 PM
I was wondering if that was yesterday or something.  Bleh.  Now that I'm 30 I'm hostile to everyone under 30.

Hm, maybe he is 30.

Also, fuck you, grandpa.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 02:35:23 PM

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.