Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2011, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2011, 08:08:52 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2011, 08:07:33 PM
You need Tablet PCs for your guests then.

Also, the Get a life argument from a religious person is really funny.

They can buy their own goddamn tablets.

Dont you want to excel and be a fantastic host?

I'm not goddamn Santa Claus.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Damn kids these days. They want everything handed to them and not knuckle down and work for it.

Grey Fox

Says you. Mister Broken Leg settlement.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2011, 08:28:01 PM
Says you. Mister Broken Leg settlement.

Damn right. Injured at work. I earned that.

Admiral Yi

I didn't know Boner won the Negro lottery.

Ed Anger

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

sbr

If I end in in the LFFL I will be in 4 fantasy football leagues this year.  :showoff:

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 04, 2011, 10:20:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 04, 2011, 10:08:19 AM
I'm going to see Paul McCartney tonight :punk:

Make sure you aim well. And empty the magazine completely. Don't want to get tackled before you finish the job properly.

It was an awesome show.  Old dude played 29 songs without a break, and then did 2 encores of 3 songs each.  He did tributes to Lennon & Harrison (though not Ringo-- I know he's still alive & I know it's Ringo, but it would've been nice), played a ton of Beatles songs & several Wings songs.  My brother printed out the set list from his most recent show in Chicago & it turned out to be the same for this show-- I have to admit I only recognized the titles of three Wings songs.

You could not wipe the grin off my face when he played "Live and Let Die"-- every bit as awesome as the original recording and the pyrotechnics were perfectly timed.  I was hoping he'd have the same pyrotechnics for Helter Skelter but only got fog on that one.

I was waiting for a heavy-handed message about animal cruelty, vegetarianism, etc. in between songs but not a peep about it.  He knew how to play the home crowd.  Peta had a booth in the concourse area, but that was about it.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Wow.  It turns out diplomas are inconveniently large.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on August 08, 2011, 10:58:25 AM
Wow.  It turns out diplomas are inconveniently large.
My theory is that size of diploma is inversely proportional to its worth.  It generally held up over time.  The most worthy diplomas or certificates that I saw were about the size of the sheet of paper.

Grey Fox

I'm on vacation (week 2 of 5) and I am bored.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Barrister

Yeah that few couple months was wierd.

But take advantage of the fact your little girl sleeps most of the time, and can be taken just about anywhere.  Go out to restaurants or whever you like to go.

Because in a year it won't be nearly so easy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.