News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I woke up to a flock of quail feasting on my newly-planted grass seed. Fuckers. They all took off when I exploded one of them into a cloud of feathers with my airgun. Great way to start the morning.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I hear sirens!  Air raid sirens!  Oh, God!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Is it convential bombing run, or ICBMs?  In case anything happens, RIP.  :hug:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 04:10:02 PM

Turned out it was just the tornado sirens.  They sound every first Thursday of the month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 04, 2011, 04:11:07 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 04:10:02 PM

Turned out it was just the tornado sirens.  They sound every first Thursday of the month.
How do you guys get tornadoes to strike on such a reliable schedule?  :huh:

Eddie Teach

Clearly, they're man-made tornadoes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 04, 2011, 04:13:41 PM

How do you guys get tornadoes to strike on such a reliable schedule?  :huh:

We can't control the tornado but we can control the guy who turns on the sirens.  If they want to collect a State paycheck they'd better set those sirens off when the State wants them.  Of course, if a tornado happens to strike on day that's not Thursday, you get a situations like you did in Joplin.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on August 04, 2011, 12:18:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 04, 2011, 12:14:34 PM
Renewed my driver's license today.  Saw a midget with a hand fan.  Slight problem when I mistook the question "Would you like to be an organ donor?", as a threat.  After the police came and explained it to me, everything went well.

Er?  You okay, dude? :unsure:

He's just practicing his stand-up.

Razgovory

They laughed at me when I said I would do stand up!  Well, nobody is laughing now!

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 04, 2011, 05:18:48 PM
They laughed at me when I said I would do stand up!  Well, nobody is laughing now!
:lmfao:

Eddie Teach

Guller is apparently satisfied with being a nobody.  :hmm:

DGuller

Eddie Teach

I heard on the news that Sao Paulo is going to have a Straight Pride parade. Surprised Marty hasn't made a thread already.

Razgovory

Admiral Yi