News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Sucks to be him.  The patent would have run out centuries before it really took off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on July 29, 2011, 03:45:37 AM
It's my great-grandmother's 102nd birthday today and she is doing fairly well for a lady of her age. I always find it amazing that she was born when Wilhelm II was emperor and that she once saw president Hindenburg in person when he visited her hometown.
Cool!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ideologue

QuoteWe have received your application for the grade level listed above and your application will not be referred at

this time. Only candidates in the Best Qualified Category who were eligible for Veterans' Preference were       

referred.  Federal regulation requires that qualified individuals with Veterans' Preference be considered before       

individuals with no Veterans' Preference within the same category.

I want to go spit on a soldier.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Although the other rejection letter from Labor did cheer me up.  You wouldn't think someone who works for a place with protocols for the generation of email handles, and whose last name is Tran, would still insist on shortening her first name to Annie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

mongers

Strange, the Red Arrows aerobatic display team have just flown directly over my house, I looked up and out of the office window and there were 9 jets in a perfectly symmetrical alignment with the house, I guess they were at about 250ft.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

It's amazing how dazzling urbanites can drive like crazy ass fucks at Daytona, yet walk so motherfucking slow.

Liep

Went to see the final stage of the Tour of Denmark, and even if you only see the riders for a couple of seconds it's still quite exciting.

Gerrans (yellow), who also won the tour.

Two danish tdf participants, Vandborg and Chris Anker (Saxo Bank).

Fuglsang (who has become quite unpopular after switching to team Leopard) and the sprint jersey winner, Bennati.

Danish hero, Michael Rasmussen
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

QuoteA Case Study In Why You Shouldn't Share An Email Address With Your Lovely Wife

Tipster Matthew D. recently shared details of what happened when a guy named Christian dropped out of their fantasy football league. All participants are from the PA/NJ/NY area but for Christian, who's from Seattle. "Only one of us has had the privilege of meeting him in person," Matthew pointed out.

Matthew specifically pointed toward a sternly worded email sent by the dropper-outter's bride. It came in the wake of dropper-outter's explanation that "God forbids betting and he made a personal vow not to offend God's wishes," which was met by an email set-to in which league members "railed on him for being such a turd."

Here's what she had to say:

Dear Losers,

The fact that I am having to write this letter is shameful. Are your lives nothing more than beer stench, swearing, and talking about each other's mothers in a sexual manner? For various reasons, I am elated that my husband will no longer be in your football league. Let me name a few:

He will now be able to concentrate on more important things on Sundays.

Why would you ever want to gamble and put money on overpaid millionaires that do nothing but beat each other's brains in?

The amount of time invested in having to play in all these leagues is ridiculous. Get a LIFE!

As demanded by Ronnie G., here is his official resignation letter. Making the league a money league was the last straw. Why not play for fun? I hope the league is investigated by the F.B.I. for gambling violations as this is against the law anyways.

I will say this, my husband makes his own decisions (with his own moral compass) and I could not control this decision if he really wanted to play. Factors of religion and myself came into play, but he could have decided to skirt morals and play for free and when he won again he would have donated the money to a charity. But didn't Judas give the 30 pieces of silver back after betraying Jesus? Gambling is still gambling and you all need to grow up and get on with your lives.

Have fun with yourselves and your league,

Mrs. LAST NAME REDACTED

I've come to loathe fantasy football, not for the betting against jesus angle, but because it turns people into bandwagon faggots who want to you to switch the goddamn channel every 30 seconds to see what their fucking players are doing in other games. I invited you to watch a game on my glorious 73 INCH HDTV 1080i TELEVISION and enjoy many snacks I generously provide, not play with the goddamn remote. I could fucking care less you need Tom Brady to give you 30 points. Tom Brady is a fag and should die in a fire. Fuck you all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

You need Tablet PCs for your guests then.

Also, the Get a life argument from a religious person is really funny.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2011, 08:07:33 PM

They can buy their own goddamn tablets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2011, 08:08:52 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 07, 2011, 08:07:33 PM

They can buy their own goddamn tablets.

Dont you want to excel and be a fantastic host?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.