News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Combining Gas & Electricity does sound like a bad idea.

The rates seems so cheap 3.8¢/kwh plus 2.50$/month. Is that right?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 25, 2011, 11:25:44 AM

The rates seems so cheap 3.8¢/kwh plus 2.50$/month. Is that right?
It new over that that gas and electric companies have went into each others business?
Most people do it over here. One supplier usually does work out cheaper.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I think it is rather common.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2011, 01:50:32 PM

Yes, the last couple places I lived had them combined like that. Maybe more a western thing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 25, 2011, 01:54:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2011, 01:50:32 PM

Yes, the last couple places I lived had them combined like that. Maybe more a western thing.

Same here in New York.

Grey Fox

I meant the actual gas & electricity not the companies. Joke missed I guess.

Around here, gas is pretty rare.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I guess y'all are aware that the US now has the 2nd largest proven reserves of natural gas in the world, right?

Tamas

An article made me think: how I would I go around trying to buy a cheapo house in the States from abroad?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on July 26, 2011, 02:44:28 AM
An article made me think: how I would I go around trying to buy a cheapo house in the States from abroad?

I sure hope you didn't buy some book on the quick and easy way to make lots of money by flipping real estate. :wacko:

Ideologue

Even as a Hungarian, I think you could buy Detroit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2011, 03:44:48 AM

I sure hope you didn't buy some book on the quick and easy way to make lots of money by flipping real estate. :wacko:

lol no, it was just an article about how who invested in Florida real estate since 1996 got burned.

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2011, 03:47:57 AM

Even as a Hungarian, I think you could buy Detroit.
King of Detroit...:hmm:
I like the sound of that.
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Tamas on July 26, 2011, 07:02:12 AM
lol no, it was just an article about how who invested in Florida real estate since 1996 got burned.

If you invested in Florida real estate in 1996 and sat on it, you certainly did not get burned.  In fact, anywhere before about 2002 would have been fine.  The ones who got burned were the ones still buying in the 2005-2007 range.