And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 27, 2011, 03:10:32 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 26, 2011, 06:09:29 PM
Should've told him to be a mensch and realize that the same amount of force is required to fire a shell from Paris to Berlin. :yeah:

You're discounting elevation and wind velocity. :D

Nevermind if it's African or European steel.  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Apparently the California judge (one of the judges??) who decided the referendum on homosexual marriage was unconstitutional has retired and announced he has been living with his partner for ten years.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2011, 07:34:58 PM
Apparently the California judge (one of the judges??) who decided the referendum on homosexual marriage was unconstitutional has retired and announced he has been living with his partner for ten years.

I'm confused as to why this is now a revelation. I had already known he was gay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Well, we all knew that the fag lobby was behind that decision.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2011, 07:34:58 PM
That's gay.

HisMajestyBOB

I got a new car! :)

2008 Ford Focus.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
I'm confused as to why this is now a revelation. I had already known he was gay.

Maybe only the partner is new.  Maybe the fact he's gay was not general knowledge.  Not sure.

Syt

I hate iTunes. I only use it every other week to sync my iPod classic, and almost every time I fire it up it tells me it wants to install a new version; even if I don't want to install I often have to because iTunes keeps forgetting how to talk to my iPod and tells me I have to re-install, anyways.

Also, I often have to reset the iPod before hooking it up to the computer, because otherwise it won't switch to "connected" status.

I'll need to look around for new MP3 players.  :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

:o  :lol:

Bob looks like another Valmy/BB doppelganger.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Fuck you America. Just fuck you. What The Fuck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm8vDlj7jaU

Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2011, 10:34:45 PM
I hate iTunes. I only use it every other week to sync my iPod classic, and almost every time I fire it up it tells me it wants to install a new version; even if I don't want to install I often have to because iTunes keeps forgetting how to talk to my iPod and tells me I have to re-install, anyways.

Also, I often have to reset the iPod before hooking it up to the computer, because otherwise it won't switch to "connected" status.

I'll need to look around for new MP3 players.  :mad:

I've been contemplating getting an iPod touch since my old creative player is dead.
iTunes is a big put off however...
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

They don't sound nearly as incomprehensible as I imagined Jos sounding.

1 Karma Chameleon point