News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

That goes well with my comment from the other day mocking the Japanese website with the livecam geiger counter. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Nice.  My weather radio alert went off a little while ago, which is weird because the weather is beautiful right now (it's about 80F, mostly sunny).

The NOAA actually sent out a warning from the LMPD that the Carbide Industries plant in West Louisville exploded and is on fire.

I just love the smell of calcium carbide in the morning. :cool:

MadImmortalMan

Another cool radiation thing:

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

According to that, looks like the Cubans released an atomic bomb..
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Nifty.  It skips us all together.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

It seems to just...suddenly appear somewhere SW of DC.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I'm sure there are still particles in the 'skipped' areas... they're just beneath the detection threshold of this nifty tool.

Eddie Teach

We're sending that shit to the Caribbean ASAP. :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Chest X-ray has a lot less radiation than I thought, which is good because I had a lot of them back in the day.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

weird dream update:

I was in the army and was sent to a guido battalion. Don't ask. Snooki commanded the battalion. Don't ask. After fighting off winter clad paratroopers in summer, Snooki took off her clothes and got on top of me.

I awoke screaming.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

I had a dream that Bart Simpson was being buried.  It was a cute ceremony, with him and his dog lying down on an above-ground concrete slab side by side.  Then the enclosing concrete casket-shaped boxed was placed on top of them.  I only had two beers before going to bed.

Eddie Teach

Sounds like Ed is racist against orange people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Yes I am. I hate the heavily tanned and spray tan crowd.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2011, 08:29:32 AM
I had a dream that Bart Simpson was being buried.  It was a cute ceremony, with him and his dog lying down on an above-ground concrete slab side by side.  Then the enclosing concrete casket-shaped boxed was placed on top of them.  I only had two beers before going to bed.

That fits with the avatar.  :lol:

DGuller

I just had 4 shots of scotch with my usual dinner of two plates of sushi.  I am:  a lightweight.  An embarrassment to my people.  :(