And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2011, 03:37:46 PM
Tomorrow will be: Crazy.
Flying to Bristol early in the morning, in the afternoon is a job interview and a presentation that I've been trying to prepare for for the past few days, then flying back home in the evening.
Luckily the company is paying for my flight. Which I hope is a good sign.  And I hope I did what they wanted in my homework.

Sounds like a pretty good sign; doubt they'd pay that just to meet you. Good luck.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 23, 2011, 11:28:54 AM
I remember when we posted this the first time. I think said something along the line of "How hard do you think Obama is trying not to look?"
That was a lynching offense 50 years ago.  Memories die hard. :ph34r:

garbon

Today New York has seen rain, snow and hail. Yay...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2011, 05:08:43 PM
And all at the same time, when I was driving.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2011, 05:08:43 PM

Don't you love spring.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Lettow77

So, a fun activity:

Want to talk to a girl, but avoid doing so to avoid seeming needy
heart skips beat when someone messages you, but it isn't her
she is away without having made a message

SUFFER IN SILENCE

edit:
what are we, like thirteen? this is a stupid problem to have
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Is this a girl you're in a relationship with already?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Absolutely not, no. Date so soon after the missus? What a callous prospect. 

Would that I was in a relationship, naturally this wouldn't be an issue.

Grinning_Colossus

It might be good for you.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Eddie Teach

I'm confused. How much time do you spend talking to this girl? Why would she think you are "needy"?

Lettow77

Well, we spoke for a couple hours a day for a few days. She wasn't on much for two days after that, and to speak to her as soon as she signed on, as I desired to do, seemed needy, at least by my own conception.

It may be that I was not overbearing or needy at all, and I invented the problem in my mind. However, I can be in the practice of avoiding people until they contact me, and then making much to-do about any lack of contact and searching for meaning in it. This is a dumb thing to do, but it comes to me more naturally than speaking to someone every time I wish to do so.

This particular case has a happy resolution, in that I spoke with the lady later in the evening and found a way to speak with her more frequently.

A relationship is almost certainly out of the question, however. I don't think she's sound ideologically or in her blood, and it'd be dishonest to me to date someone with no long term intentions.

It's just nice to have someone to talk to, though.  :Embarrass: She praises me a lot, anyway, which of course goes straight to my head, and so she is definitely worth keeping around. I love praise.

Edit: She doesn't like Tea, either, and that might be a dealbreaker for me these days.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 24, 2011, 02:30:21 AM
Edit: She doesn't like Tea, either, and that might be a dealbreaker for me these days.

You're just making excuses. Ask her out.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2011, 03:02:17 AM
You're just making excuses. Ask her out.
Even without the tea there's that pesky unsound blood.

The Larch

Ideological differences shouldn't be a big hurdle in a relationship if both partners can be civil about it and the differences are not too extreme. That is, unless one of the ideologies in question is something mind-numbingly idiotic, like...oh wait.

Lettow77

The biggest issue is the blood. The lady is a half-chinaman; it'd be an embarrassing mis-step.

The notion is fun to entertain because I like her, but she is a foreigner.