Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2010, 12:33:56 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 23, 2010, 10:15:44 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 23, 2010, 10:11:58 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2010, 06:16:06 AM
There were tanks in the pacific? :unsure:
Why wouldn't there be?

Overwhelming modern notion that the Pacific theatre was fought at sea & in jungles on small islands.
It pretty much was wasn't it?
The Asian theatre is another matter bu the Pacific theatre...islands and ocean.

Ed Anger

The Sherman flamethrower was always one of my favorites. Fries Nips dead.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

My landlord is a dick. He just told us that energy consumption has doubled in our unit and that we have to pay for that. I wonder if that might be related to the fact that twice as many people are living here now...
And he knows that none of us will do anything because we are all foreigners renting short term so it's not such a big deal for us that it would be worth the hassle.

Monoriu

Quote from: Zanza on March 24, 2010, 09:23:01 AM
My landlord is a dick. He just told us that energy consumption has doubled in our unit and that we have to pay for that. I wonder if that might be related to the fact that twice as many people are living here now...
And he knows that none of us will do anything because we are all foreigners renting short term so it's not such a big deal for us that it would be worth the hassle.

Over here, tenants always pay for all electricity costs.

Monoriu

Is it just me or do females get much better service?  We went to the same fast food place and...

Wife: Me want tea with lemon.
Staff: We only have plain tea.  But I'll add some lemon slices just for ya.  And I'll bring it to your table  ;)

Me: Can I have some tap water?
Staff: Sure.

(nothing happened after 5 minutes)

Me: (kept standing there, and stared at the cashier in the eye)
Staff: Coming.

Another 3 minutes passed.

Me: If you don't want to give it to me you can just say it  :glare:
Staff: here. 

Josquius

Your wife is a cave-person? :p

But I think your cheapness may be a factor there, why rush when you're not paying?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

They do, yes. But your cheapness is more a factor in that case.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

I must look like a thief or something.  Or I am on the wanted list.  I went to get a bottle of perfume for my wife.  I entered the store and immediately spotted the bottle that I needed.  Proceeded to grab it to take it to the cashier. 

Sales girl immediately grabbed the bottle from my hands and carefully put it back on the shelf  :lol:

Imagine going to a convenience store to buy some instant noodle.  As soon as you remove the pack, the staff would grab it from your hands and put it back.

Zanza

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2010, 10:31:04 AMOver here, tenants always pay for all electricity costs.
I have no idea how it works in Singapore for normal flats. But I share my flat here with two guys and we all have our own tenancy agreement and stay here for different periods and only short-term (couple of months). But utilities are for the flat as a whole. It would be nearly impossible for us to have the contract with the utility provider ourselves. So the landlord has the contract. The rent is based on the "national average" consumption. We used thrice that last month apparently. Our rental contract allows for a S$50 surcharge if electricity usage is too high. Which he now wants.

We looked it up and apparently our consumption increased by S$320 for the last month. So I was wrong. He is not a dick. We are just extremely wasteful and he makes a loss.  :nelson:

Grey Fox

Hey Zanza, turned out that you rented a room or a sofa?

Monoriu

If there is more than one tenant in the flat, then separate metres would be installed.

Monoriu

Wife and I once went to an expensive Japanes restaurant in Melbourne.  We were sitting at the sushi bar, and we both ordered green tea (which, in most Japanese restaurants would be free).  She got a cup, I got none.  Fine, we shared.  I would have let that one go, until the bill came and they charged me 2 cups of tea, for A$1 each.  Enough was enough and I said I would not pay unless they deducted A$1 from my bill. 

Funny thing was the waitress got into an argument with me.  Insisted that she "ordered" 2.  I said just count the number of cups on the table yourself.  She then insisted in bringing another cup to me.  I refused, claiming I was in a hurry. 

I got the bill reduced in the end :contract:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2010, 11:00:21 AM
If there is more than one tenant in the flat, then separate metres would be installed.

That makes no sense.

Monoriu

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 24, 2010, 11:21:58 AM

That makes no sense.

Why?  It's the only way to make everyone accountable for their own electricity usage.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on March 24, 2010, 11:23:15 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 24, 2010, 11:21:58 AM

That makes no sense.

Why?  It's the only way to make everyone accountable for their own electricity usage.

How do you separate it? Especially for the common areas of the flat?