And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2010, 04:13:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2010, 12:50:23 PM
I'm beginning to suspect my sister's boyfriend may be an idiot.  They rented a home but he never had enough money to pay the rent.  So instead of paying at least part of it he decided to pay none of it.  Now they are being evicted and owe several thousand dollars (probably more cause they seem to left garbage everywhere and bought a dog that tore up the floor (with out informing the landlord).  He got 1200 dollars back on taxes this year and decided to spend it on a pistol.  Which makes sense I suppose.  He'll need something to keep away the repo guys who will come for his other expensive stuff he bought on credit or installment plans.

Won't work. The repo guys will beat the living shit out of him. I've worked with the type before.

Fine by me.  It seems we go through this song and dance with every new boyfriend.  She meets a guy shows him off and the rest of the family wait around for her to catch on to how dense he is.  She's even thinking of marrying this one. :bleeding:  Admittedly she's not to bright but she can do better then this.  When she was in high school a whole bunch of nerds were after her.  Should have gone with one of the nerds.   But no, to good for that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on February 05, 2010, 04:36:43 PM
Do you normally keep your checkbook in the fridge?

I don't think there is any evidence that suggests refrigeration is indicated.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: ulmont on February 05, 2010, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on February 05, 2010, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 02, 2010, 07:52:55 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

Your avatar is annoying me.

How ironic; yours annoys the hell out of me.

Good... :D An avatar should provoke a reaction.

At least I give a reason for my annoyance. :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

I am no longer answering complaints about my avatars as per the revised Ed Anger policy towards Languish (rev 10/09).
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

like omg, stop switching avatars so much! for sure!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Agelastus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2010, 04:58:56 PM
I am no longer answering complaints about my avatars as per the revised Ed Anger policy towards Languish (rev 10/09).

It continually reminds me that I haven't finished watching all of the Looney Tune cartoon sets that I bought just after Christmas, as well... :) Must do that this weekend.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on February 05, 2010, 04:28:54 PM
While searching for my checkbook, I came across a bottle of poppers. :blink:

:lol:  I bought a bottle of Rush on a lark once... I don't know how well poppers fair for sexual purposes, but they just basically made me feel like I was about to have an aneurysm for 30 seconds.   :wacko:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2010, 11:47:32 AM
The real world fails.

Friend: My dog is at doggy hospital right now. She had cataracts in her eyes.
Me: Darn Armenians.
Everyone: :blink:
Is this a reference to something or just a random joke?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 05, 2010, 06:34:11 PM
:lol:  I bought a bottle of Rush on a lark once... I don't know how well poppers fair for sexual purposes, but they just basically made me feel like I was about to have an aneurysm for 30 seconds.   :wacko:

I think I remember now how I acquired it from some man but yeah I don't see the point. I had a major headache for like a minute and then a bad taste in my mouth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Learned today that in US military funerals they're supposed to fold the flag so that only blue is showing.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2010, 08:19:28 PM
Learned today that in US military funerals they're supposed to fold the flag so that only blue is showing.

You learn proper flag folding in the boy scouts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

syk

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2010, 12:43:02 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 05, 2010, 08:19:28 PM

You learn proper flag folding in the boy scouts.
Why?

sbr

I tried to wiki Boy Scouts and came up with this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_scouts

That disambiguation page both frightens and confuses me enough that I am done with it.

HisMajestyBOB

I just got back from Jeju island, Korea's semi-tropical paradise. I think I ate some bad seafood on either Wed or Thurs, because I spent all day Friday throwing up or lying in bed. The worst part was when I thought I had thrown up all I could, then suddenly my stomach serves up a fresh batch of bile and stomach acid.   :x
I still have a headache and feel kinda crummy, but not as bad as yesterday. Still, I'm not touching seafood for at least a week, especially anything raw.

Other than that, it was fun.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help