News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

From an interview with John Starks:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12792/john-starks-on-bowling-education-spike-lee-james-dolan-and-hecklers

QuoteYou were in that documentary "Winning Time." Have you seen it yet?
No, I haven't seen it.

Oh, you've got to see it, it's tremendous. There's a part in there where your mom is mentioned. Do you know this story?
No.

After that head-butt incident with Reggie Miller, there was a moment when your teammates, including Patrick Ewing, were visibly mad at you on the court. And your mom said to Patrick, I guess, "look, you shouldn't talk to my son like that."
Yeah.

And then Patrick said something like "Mrs. Starks, if he does that again, I'll kill him myself."
Yeah.

Did that really happen? Did your mom really say that?
Yes. Yeah. It did really happen.

LOL
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 02, 2010, 03:54:22 PM
Thats a reverse right?

How come they did not turn it back by a few hours when Obama came to power?  :huh:

lustindarkness

It was cold last night again, figures.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

I've just tricked spotify :o
I was listening to one song on a album then the adverts started up, the next song on the album is one that should be unavailable to listen to....but somehow because of the adverts before it just went onto it right away.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

So have any of you ever seen those Independence cigar commercials on TV? Did they actually air in Europe?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Yay!  My dad didn't get laid off today.  If he had he would have lost his insurance and we couldn't pay for all the expensive pills keeping him alive.  So that's good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2010, 03:25:12 AM
Yay!  My dad didn't get laid off today.  If he had he would have lost his insurance and we couldn't pay for all the expensive pills keeping him alive.  So that's good.
:lol:
USA! USA!
██████
██████
██████

Archy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 01, 2010, 07:12:48 PM
Quote from: Archy on February 01, 2010, 06:51:54 PM
Yes, the ones making the red cross tents and guarding the airport of Kabul.  ;)

I thought the Red Cross made Red Cross tents.
No it's a Belgian singer from Dutch Rock group De Mens (The Human)

garbon

Wouldn't he have COBRA?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on February 04, 2010, 03:47:35 PM

Wouldn't he have COBRA?

COBRA is short-term and extremely expensive (tough to pay for after being laid off).  But probably.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2010, 12:45:17 AM
Nice :lol:
Not accurate though, the civil liberties left are going mental about Obama.  With reason they're the one group he's really let down.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

The real world fails.

Friend: My dog is at doggy hospital right now. She had cataracts in her eyes.
Me: Darn Armenians.
Everyone: :blink:
██████
██████
██████