News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Maybe it is just me instantly making such odd links afterall...
But how best to use this power to my advantage....
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I'm beginning to suspect my sister's boyfriend may be an idiot.  They rented a home but he never had enough money to pay the rent.  So instead of paying at least part of it he decided to pay none of it.  Now they are being evicted and owe several thousand dollars (probably more cause they seem to left garbage everywhere and bought a dog that tore up the floor (with out informing the landlord).  He got 1200 dollars back on taxes this year and decided to spend it on a pistol.  Which makes sense I suppose.  He'll need something to keep away the repo guys who will come for his other expensive stuff he bought on credit or installment plans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Perhaps he sees the gun as a business investment.  :ph34r:

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2010, 12:50:23 PM
I'm beginning to suspect my sister's boyfriend may be an idiot.  They rented a home but he never had enough money to pay the rent.  So instead of paying at least part of it he decided to pay none of it.  Now they are being evicted and owe several thousand dollars (probably more cause they seem to left garbage everywhere and bought a dog that tore up the floor (with out informing the landlord).  He got 1200 dollars back on taxes this year and decided to spend it on a pistol.  Which makes sense I suppose.  He'll need something to keep away the repo guys who will come for his other expensive stuff he bought on credit or installment plans.

"Beginning to suspect"? I take it this is sarcastic.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on February 05, 2010, 01:46:06 PM

He was shocked a few last month when his application for a car loan was rejected.  The car cost about 12,000 he makes about 19,000.  I wish we still had debtors prisons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2010, 01:50:01 PM
He was shocked a few last month when his application for a car loan was rejected.  The car cost about 12,000 he makes about 19,000.  I wish we still had debtors prisons.

I used to have a credit card(ie no collateral) with an available balance of twice as much money as I've ever made in a year.  :lol:

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2010, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 05, 2010, 01:46:06 PM

Stop suspecting. He is an idiot.

Like my cousin who kept getting turned down for a loan without realising that every failure was reducing his chances more (apparently, he asked for the same loan sequentially from about twenty different institutions, with no change in his circumstances etc.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Agelastus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 02, 2010, 07:52:55 PM
Blah, blah, blah.

Your avatar is annoying me.

It is as addictive, but never gets to the punchline... :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

ulmont

Ed Anger

Won't work. The repo guys will beat the living shit out of him. I've worked with the type before.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2010, 04:13:34 PM

Won't work. The repo guys will beat the living shit out of him. I've worked with the type before.
Loan shark goon? ever break any thumbs? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2010, 04:16:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2010, 04:13:34 PM

Loan shark goon? ever break any thumbs? :P

Car Repo. I drove the car with the spare drivers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

While searching for my checkbook, I came across a bottle of poppers. :blink:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Do you normally keep your checkbook in the fridge?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien