News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Have the person in the passenger seat climb onto the hood and pee into the wiper fluid nozzles.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on January 04, 2010, 05:25:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 04, 2010, 05:11:37 PM
I hate it when the pipes where my windshield fluid comes out from freeze up, and when I use my wiper it just dirties my winshield even more with road scum, dirty blades and salt.

I hate winter.

switch to freeze-resistant water? :rolleyes: I am pretty sure that despite your country of residence, you can cheaply buy some which remains liquid until -60C

:yes:

While remaining a liquid in the resovoir, the -60 stuff I got seems to turn into a film of ice as soon as it's sprayed on my windshield, obscuring vision as much as any amount of dirt...making it essentially worthless.  <_<

Ed Anger

QuoteSacramento suspects run deep routes; deputies intercept

By Kim Minugh

[email protected]

Boy, did the football gods frown on these guys.

Two burglary suspects fleeing Sacramento County sheriff's deputies Monday afternoon headed for the Foothill High School campus to ditch their pursuers, according to sheriff's Sgt. Tim Curran.

They ran through the campus and onto the football field - where, it just so happens, players were practicing for the upcoming Pig Bowl.

The Pig Bowl, you'll remember, is the annual matchup between area firefighters and law enforcement. Unfortunately for the suspects, it was the latter team working out that afternoon at Foothill High.

Curran said members of the team - composed mainly of sheriff's deputies - ditched their pigskin and joined in the chase, eventually dog piling 19-year-old James Hill Jr. just off the field. One deputy threw a pair of handcuffs into the pile and another locked them in place.

Meanwhile, the offensive line chased down the other suspect, a 17-year-old boy, and took him into custody elsewhere on campus, Curran said. An earlier version of this story said only one suspect was caught by the football cops.

Also arrested was 20-year-old Jamario Hill, who deputies caught after he jumped a fence behind the Robert Frost Way home he and the other suspects allegedly had targeted, Curran said.

The three suspects face charges of attempted burglary and conspiracy, Curran said.

laff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2010, 11:55:11 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2010, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 04, 2010, 10:50:52 AM
Bah, that means you finish way too late.

I like coming in a 6h30-7h am because I get to be home at 3:15pm
Yeah. It's not too bad in the summer, but a bitch in the winter. still i am not a morning person, so sleeping in is good.
Not having frost on your car in the morning is good though.
Get a garage.  Problem solved.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 04:25:36 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 04, 2010, 04:05:31 PM
ATI graphics card

There is your problem right there
Which Iknow now and won't get the same make when I upgrade.
When I bought this though I asked about and the languish consensus was this one was good.

I'm relieved otherwise. It seems my dying computer's usb ports are just fried, the hard drive works perfectly on my laptop.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

The consensus on Languish is to buy Nvidia, those that say differently are idiots.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 04, 2010, 05:11:37 PM
I hate it when the pipes where my windshield fluid comes out from freeze up, and when I use my wiper it just dirties my winshield even more with road scum, dirty blades and salt.

I hate winter.

switch to freeze-resistant water? :rolleyes: I am pretty sure that despite your country of residence, you can cheaply buy some which remains liquid until -60C

As a Canadian, I can tell you it don't work that way. Everyone here has antifreeze in their washer fluid - the problem is ice in in/over the nozzle (the solution is to remember to clear them before you start driving).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Nozzle...that's the word I was looking for. Thanks Malthus
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Josephus is ignoring my posts.  :cry:

Josquius

I dropped the remote behind the radiator near the bed and can't fish it out.... :(
Luckily the channel is stuck on Dave and Dragons Den is on but all night that would suck...and getting up to press the TV is annoying
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

This time maybe he's found someone special:

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/01/201014141229783212.html

QuoteSouth Africa's Zuma weds again 

The South African president has tied the knot for the fifth time and is now married to three women.

In a traditional Zulu ceremony in his homestead in Nkandla, the 67-year-old Jacob Zuma married Tobeka Madiba, 37, on Monday.

The wedding was attended by cabinet ministers and other politicians as well as business leaders and hundreds of villagers.

"This is a traditional affair and there is a lot of dancing and celebrating. Later we will slaughter some animals and have a feast with the guests," Mike Zuma, the president's brother, told the Reuters news agency.

"It is a very happy day for the president and the Zuma family."

Madiba, who already has three children with Zuma, attended the president's inauguration in May, where she was treated as one of the country's three first ladies.

Polygamous lifestyle

Multiple marriages form part of Zulu culture but are mostly practised in rural areas.

Zuma's embrace of Zulu tradition has endeared him to many South Africans but his polygamous lifestyle has been criticised by some, especially by women's rights activists.

The practise of polygamy has also drawn criticism from HIV/Aids activists in South Africa which has the highest infection rate in the world.

Zuma has 19 children, according to his official biography on the presidency website.

Even while preparations for Monday's wedding were under way, Zuma was reportedly preparing for his sixth marriage.

Earlier this week, a gift-giving ceremony was held signalling that he had paid dowry to the family of Bongi Ngema, his latest fiancee.

Zuma is already married to Sizakele Zuma, 67, his first wife whom he wed in 1973, and Nompumelelo Ntuli-Zuma who he married in 2007. Both women live in Nkandla.   

He was previously married to Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, the country's home minister, whom he divorced in 1998 and Kate Mantsho-Zuma who committed suicide in 2000.

Zuma, whose tribe is South Africa's biggest, has repeatedly defended his decision to take many wives.

"There are plenty of politicians who have mistresses and children that they hide so as to pretend they are monogamous. I prefer to be open. I love my wives and I am proud of my children," Zuma once said in a television interview.

Or not, maybe bride number six is the one for him.  I hope he sang his theme song,  "Bring Me My Machine Gun" (Umshini Wam):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lof6XJ8b1SU
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

And what is the fashionable, young Arab-American man wearing you ask:

QuoteEdsel Ford High students get lectured for sweatshirts 'in poor taste'
Steve Pardo / The Detroit News
Dearborn -- At least nine Edsel Ford High School students are getting a talking to today -- along with their parents -- from school administrators following a Monday incident where the boys wore what was deemed inappropriate sweatshirts to school.

The boys, all of whom are of Arabic descent and of the 2011 graduating class, wore sweatshirts with "11" made to look like two buildings on the back. There was also the school "thunderbird" mascot apparently flying at the numerals. One the bottom of the hoodie sweatshirts was the slogan, "You can't bring us down."

Complaints came in quickly when the boys showed up wearing the shirts, said David Mustonen, Dearborn Public Schools spokesman.
"Teachers and kids were obviously upset," Mustonen said. "It's not something the kids should be wearing. It's in poor taste."

The boys were ordered to the administration office and told to remove the sweatshirts. All nine complied. There may have been as many as 15 who wore the shirts, but as the news spread Monday that students wearing the offending hoodies were getting into trouble, the shirts "disappeared" from the hallways and classrooms, Mustonen said.

School officials did contact school attorneys regarding first amendment issues of free speech. It was determined no further disciplinary action will be taken against the students because they did immediately obey the orders to remove the shirts.

"We do have the ability to ask kids to take off the shirts if they have an inappropriate message or it would be a disruption to the educational process," Mustonen said.

The boys weren't part of any organized school group. They told officials they had the shirts made at the Gibraltar Trade Center.

About 40-50 percent of the students at the high school are of Arabic descent. Administrators spent today speaking with angry parents, but things have returned to normal, Mustonen said.

"As normal as an American High School can be with 1,700 students," he said.
YOU CAN'T BRING US DOWN!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2010, 06:59:18 PM
Have the person in the passenger seat climb onto the hood and pee into the wiper fluid nozzles.

Ooooops...didn't see this one Yi.  :hug:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Big School, 1700 students.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.