News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 07, 2010, 12:29:24 AM
BB, you wouldnt pay $600 for a household pet, on a lawyer's salary?

I never would just on principal.  Fuck the pet industry it is so freaking extortionate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 07, 2010, 01:46:50 AM
A cat is easily replacable.  I found this one for free after all.

My wife is not.

I love my pets, but they are only animals.

I could not have said it better myself.  You will own several cats in your lifetime.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Lettow77

In a like manner, you could have several wives in your lifetime.

I have had several cats; cats have died, but never because I did not give them the best care available to my means. If an animal is in my charge, that is a responsibility I take seriously. I would not sacrifice a living thing I was committed to caring for because I did not care 'that much'
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 07, 2010, 09:12:41 AM
I am part of no such subculture, languish's characterizations aside. 

Emotional immaturity is a charge that sticks alot more. If so, though- I'd hate to 'mature' to the degree where I reckon the cost of everything. Some things should be valued to an absolute degree.
When you grow up, you'll have to reckon the cost of things.  Even if you are extremely wealthy, one must always be careful not to allow one's spending to exceed one's means.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 07, 2010, 09:16:59 AM

Yeah I just consider my relationships with my family more important than supporting the ridiculous emotionally manipulating extortion of the pet care industry but I am glad you are out there being a sucker to show how much you love.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on January 07, 2010, 09:12:45 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 07, 2010, 12:29:24 AM
BB, you wouldnt pay $600 for a household pet, on a lawyer's salary?

I never would just on principal.  Fuck the pet industry it is so freaking extortionate.
Only if one is willing to be extorted.  Just remember the circle of life.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 07, 2010, 09:16:59 AM
Wives are people.  Cats are not.

Lettow77

How outdated, Valmy. With less children in the family than ever before, its time for the west to transfer their feelings of affection to animals, and give them the treatment unborn children might have recieved.

Hadn't you heard? I am participating in the decline of the west; you are some atavistic ANIMAL-HATER, & etc.

Josquius

Dogs>>>>>cats

Interesting you say this about cats replacing children though, there was an episode of Horizon on TV yesterday about dogs. One guy was saying dogs are like cuckoos really, they've evolved traits we find adorable to trick us into caring for them at the expense of having more kids of our own.

Also they showed you that farm in Russia where they've bred tame foxes.
They say they're as independent as cats but as loving as dogs. They're kept quite horribly and still love, which is odd. I hope they start selling them to the general public sometime.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Cats are just waiting for the moment you doze long enough to kill ya.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 07, 2010, 09:48:27 AM
Cats are just waiting for the moment you doze long enough to kill ya.

Yeah I never had any doubt if I suddenly woke up 4 inches tall my beloved cats would have eaten me instantly.

Lettow77

Something to that. Die alone in an apartment, and a dog will mourn your loss; a cat will gnaw at your eyeballs.

I appreciate the independence of cats. A cat's affection, freely given, means more to me than a dog's, as you dont have to work for it at all. A cat needs to get to know you, and then like as not she'll still dislike you. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on January 07, 2010, 09:59:53 AM
Yeah I never had any doubt if I suddenly woke up 4 inches tall my beloved cats would have eaten me instantly.

You should always keep a fork on hand for that eventuality.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

I paid $1100 to have tumors removed from a ferret's adrenal glands.  <_<

Razgovory

Well anyway the Cat his some crystals in her urine so we give her some pills and diet cat food and she should be okay.  I suppose my murderous rampage is postponed.  Which is good cause it's snowed several inches outside and the streets aren't very clear.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017