News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 04, 2010, 07:34:01 AM
He's probably at work too. Not sure he has Languish access there.
I wasn't at work yet. i was still asleep actually. i start at 10 EST. One of the things i liek about my job: i get to sleep in.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Bah, that means you finish way too late.

I like coming in a 6h30-7h am because I get to be home at 3:15pm
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 04, 2010, 10:50:52 AM

Yeah. It's not too bad in the summer, but a bitch in the winter. still i am not a morning person, so sleeping in is good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2010, 11:31:57 AM

Yeah. It's not too bad in the summer, but a bitch in the winter. still i am not a morning person, so sleeping in is good.

Not having frost on your car in the morning is good though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2010, 11:55:11 AM
Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2010, 11:31:57 AM

Not having frost on your car in the morning is good though.

Why would going in at 10 mean there's no frost on your windshield?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

The snow here is really bad.
The main roads are well maintained and fully drivable but once you get off those and into estates all that is done is what the people themselves do with the (now depleted) salt stocks.
I feel like I've been playing prop in rugby with all the van pushing I've just had to do to get my dad home.

This morning the 4x4 wouldn't even start due to the snow and my mam had to get a taxi to work.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2010, 12:06:42 PM

I assume he goes in at 10 year round. There's bound to be some part of that where there's frost at 7 and not 10.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Damn, connecting a ATI graphics card to a TV is a bitch, you have to go through a lot of settings to do it- messing up your existing settings in the process. With my laptop its just plug in and one button.

...amnd solving this has coincided with my external hard disk dying.
"one of the usb devices attached to the computer has malfunctioned" and it just doesn't get detected...buggery^24.
All my music and lots of important stuff is on there.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

MadImmortalMan

The sun has been up for a while by then maybe?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 04, 2010, 04:54:52 PM

The sun has been up for a while by then maybe?

:lol:

you are so funny. :ultra:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

I hate it when the pipes where my windshield fluid comes out from freeze up, and when I use my wiper it just dirties my winshield even more with road scum, dirty blades and salt.

I hate winter.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on January 04, 2010, 05:11:37 PM
I hate it when the pipes where my windshield fluid comes out from freeze up, and when I use my wiper it just dirties my winshield even more with road scum, dirty blades and salt.

I hate winter.

switch to freeze-resistant water? :rolleyes: I am pretty sure that despite your country of residence, you can cheaply buy some which remains liquid until -60C

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 05:23:58 PM

I hate winter.

switch to freeze-resistant water? :rolleyes: I am pretty sure that despite your country of residence, you can cheaply buy some which remains liquid until -60C

:yes:

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 05:23:58 PM

I hate winter.

Right. Let me explain. I never use anythign BUT freeze resistant windshield wash.

What happens, though, sometimes, is that on cold days, ice  is lodged inside the hole from where the liquid comes out. The liquid is still nice and liquid, but its passage out to my windshield is blocked by a piece of hard snow/ice lodged inside the hole.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011