News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 03, 2009, 09:55:09 AM
Why is the Fireblade baby thread locked? Clear teh aire!

It's just that Jaron got trolled by FB.

Capetan Mihali

Fun trivia fact:  the popular sandwich known as the stromboli (a cousin of the calzone, but more meatful and shaped differently) did not get its name from anything legitimately Italian.  It was invented in Essington, PA (by the current Phila. airport) in 1950 and the Rossellini-Bergman scandal was in full effect during their filming of the movie entitled "Stromboli," and the regulars at Romano's pizzeria decided it would be good hype for their new sandwich invention.   :)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Larch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVyvATafORM

A college in Montreal does a performance to the Black Eyed Peas' "I got a feeling" in a single take. Pretty impressive. And you can get to oogle cute artsy French Canadian filles.

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on December 05, 2009, 06:54:44 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 03, 2009, 09:55:09 AM
Why is the Fireblade baby thread locked? Clear teh aire!

It's just that Jaron got trolled by FB.

Hardly.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

lustindarkness

Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2009, 04:50:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVyvATafORM

A college in Montreal does a performance to the Black Eyed Peas' "I got a feeling" in a single take. Pretty impressive. And you can get to oogle cute artsy French Canadian filles.

that was pretty damn cool, thank you
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

I have just been lying with the kittens for a hour.
Alcohol+kittens=awesome.
██████
██████
██████

Pat

Quote from: Tyr on December 05, 2009, 08:51:01 PM
I have just been lying with the kittens for a hour.
Alcohol+kittens=awesome.

That's adorable. ^_^ Remind me of a time when I was coming home, totally drunk, and was approached by a cat on the yard of the apartment complex where I lived. The cat's usually a total bastard, but when I'm drunk I usually love the whole world and I thought I'd try to make friends with him. I start scratching him behind the ear, okay, cool, he seem to like it, and then he lie down and let me scratch him on the stomach. And then, all of a sudden, the bastard pull out his claws and scratch me!

I almost strangled the damn thing. Ungrateful bastard.

Barrister

I went out and chopped down a Christmas tree today.  :Canuck:

Estimated height?  12'   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on December 05, 2009, 09:56:52 PM

Did it fight back?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 05, 2009, 10:18:00 PM

Did it fight back?

:unsure:

But it does look pretty in my living room...   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Trees? In the Yukon? Aren't you above the tree line? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HisMajestyBOB

Now the Ents will destroy Canada. Good going BB.  :mad:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

How do you fit a tree that big in your house? You have an open living room Beeb, with the second floor set a bit back?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2009, 01:33:54 AM
How do you fit a tree that big in your house? You have an open living room Beeb, with the second floor set a bit back?

Not that uncommon, my folks have 20'+ ceilings and used to always get a 12-13 foot tree.

Josquius

Last night I was really drunk, I fell asleep with my bedroom door open it seems.
Through the night I was certain I could hear the kittens screaming a lot louder than normal- I wake up and sure enough mommy cat has moved them into my cuboard.
I moved them back to their basket and...she tried to bring them back to the cuboard.
WTF?
My cuboard sucks, she was on a shelf with nothing on it hiding behind my only clean pair of jeans (washing day due), her basket meanwhile is full of soft things and has a little tent we made over it.
██████
██████
██████