News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2022, 08:24:42 AM(snip)

And people think this is how all health care should work.
Fuck that shit.

Really?  You know people who think that that is how all health care should work?

I suspect that they are having you on, and you are falling for it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Out of absolutely nowhere I'm getting a slew of vids on my Youtube feed of teenage girls showing off their bra-less look.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on March 02, 2022, 07:15:13 PMTrumps wall is full of holes

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-border-wall-breached-thousands-of-times-by-smugglers-report/ar-AAUwTh0?li=AAggNb9

Yes the wall was already a failed concept, as much of the border already had border walls and they had all failed completely. It was not a plan based on anything but what sold well to the unwashed masses.

If all we needed to control the border was a wall we would have built that a long time ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The only positive outcome of the wall project was to give some Trump-affiliated grifters an opportunity to go to jail for their little fraud. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2022, 08:37:39 PMIt was not a plan based on anything but what sold well to the unwashed masses.

Today is a good day for that.  Everyone was coming out of church with dirty foreheads for some reason.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on March 02, 2022, 05:55:11 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2022, 08:24:42 AM(snip)

And people think this is how all health care should work.
Fuck that shit.

Really?  You know people who think that that is how all health care should work?

I suspect that they are having you on, and you are falling for it.

Yes. And no. They really believe an insurance based system is better.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

To be fair, travel insurance is very, very different from health insurance.  It's more like extended warranty when it comes to regulation (i.e. none).  The fact that travel insurance occasionally covers doctor bills is entirely incidental, since its nature is to cover every kind of misfortune that may befall you during a vacation.  If you think health insurance works exactly like travel insurance, you are deeply mistaken.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2022, 08:37:39 PMYes the wall was already a failed concept, as much of the border already had border walls and they had all failed completely. It was not a plan based on anything but what sold well to the unwashed masses.

If all we needed to control the border was a wall we would have built that a long time ago.

Disagree that the wall is a failed concept.Everything I've read says the wall that had been built (long before Trump) does  deter border jumping in areas where it exists and is in good repair, and channels it all into the stretch of the border in New Mexico and Arizona that is unwalled.

Syt

:P

(To be fair, in coverage of Ukraine I see reports more often than not distinguishing "tanks" and "armored vehicles" at least.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2022, 06:03:58 PMOut of absolutely nowhere I'm getting a slew of vids on my Youtube feed of teenage girls showing off their bra-less look.

In the Shorts section? That part is pretty random, like the Instagram Reels. Both try to imitate/rip-off from Tik Tok (most of the content is, I assume, directly lifted from it), and what is highlighted just seems to be whatever is trending (for a long time I got tons of one in which girls were told "Why aren't you in uniform?", and then appeared wearing sexy costumes and cosplays, I assume it was the trending challenge of the moment), so if the bra-less teenage girls are trending on Tik Tok, that is what the Youtube Shorts will feature.

Syt

I never looked at Shorts till now. :D (I occasionally click "Explore", am confused by all the crap that's unrelated to my interests and return to the safety of "Home" with my normal (crappy) recommendations :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2022, 06:37:35 AMI never looked at Shorts till now. :D (I occasionally click "Explore", am confused by all the crap that's unrelated to my interests and return to the safety of "Home" with my normal (crappy) recommendations :P )

It's all pretty random, I get a mix of comedy shorts (most of them), Joe Rogan clips, motivational speakers, cooking videos, Turkish/Arab barbers doing bizarre haircuts, engineering/crazy DIY projects... and sexy girls, of course.  :lol:

Syt

"Mom, Dad, I want to be a YouTuba!"
"Womp womp woooomp."
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I suspect this is just some 'social influencer' type playing the media fiddle to get attention but it made me laugh anyway.
Why I've never slept with British women in a nutshell.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-uks-biggest-eyebrows-looks-23285236?fbclid=IwAR18eoO8QU18CF6nKONOn2cVAWDmcNlSNHjX73epIIOVMxkufBe-L7z9rag

QuoteMum with 'UK's biggest eyebrows' looks completely different without them

And yes. She does look quite reasonable without the makeup.
██████
██████
██████