News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

So there's a few storms battering these isles at the minute - shipping forecast map (they're almost all at violent storm force 11 which is very high :ph34r:):
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Yeah Denmark is talking about how these storms are worse than the last ones too.

Syt

Saw on North German news sites that it's the strongest storm ever recorded there for the month of February.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Russians turned on their weather machine?  :ph34r:

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 17, 2022, 06:35:52 PM
So there's a few storms battering these isles at the minute - shipping forecast map (they're almost all at violent storm force 11 which is very high :ph34r:):

Red weather warning extended to where we and I believe Mongers lives, which is I think the first time since I am on the island. Stay safe guys.

garbon

I've already seen it picking up a little. Has blown open (then closed) some dumpsters at the estate across the road and a lot of trash (and one cardboard box) blew toward the road.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2022, 03:52:57 AM
I've already seen it picking up a little. Has blown open (then closed) some dumpsters at the estate across the road and a lot of trash (and one cardboard box) blew toward the road.

Here, to the west of you, there's been a few strong gusts but overall nothing dramatic yet. I think it's not supposed to get here for a few more hours yet, though.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 18, 2022, 04:00:18 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 18, 2022, 03:52:57 AM

Here, to the west of you, there's been a few strong gusts but overall nothing dramatic yet. I think it's not supposed to get here for a few more hours yet, though.

That's what I was thinking. This isn't even during the red warning period.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I'm not seeing the expected mega storm yet today. We had ours on Wednesday.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 18, 2022, 04:03:27 AM
I'm not seeing the expected mega storm yet today. We had ours on Wednesday.

I think for a change this one is going to batter the south, not the north.

Maladict

I was stupid enough to use my supposedly storm-proof umbrella while cycling to the train station. The wind snapped the metal tube in half, I was left holding only the handle and looking even more stupid. Couldn't even see where the rest of it went, it was just gone.

Josquius

Apparently a place recently opened in Newcastle named German Donor Kebab. This is an established chain elsewhere in the country.
I already posted at my delight on learning a French taco place has opened.
We really are entering quite a cyberpunky bizzare cross cultural merging place aren't we?
I wonder when we will see British Curry shops becoming the norm abroad?
Swedish pizza is established in my mind as being good but doesn't seem to have picked up abroad yet. Or hell, American pizza is old as the hills and is firmly established, more so than Italian to many.
How far will this stuff go.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Are Germans donating their kebabs as a kind of post-Brexit aid?

The Brain

Donner Kebab is increasing in popularity. There are even calls for legalization.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

It's absolutely battering here - which is weird because normally storms have more or less broken over the rest of the country by the time they reach London/the East. The main road near me has been shut because scaffolding blew off a building :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!