News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: chipwich on December 18, 2021, 04:01:07 PM
Do jews tell boring rambling stories about the Holocaust at family gatherings?

I've never come across it, no. It's not really an anecdote topic for most people, I don't think.

Josquius

Such a shitty flight yesterday.
First the paranoia of getting tested and making sure everything is in place.... Oh for the care free pre covid and baby travel times.
Then once we are through and our gate is just about the be announced instead of a gate it flashes up... Delayed over 2 hours
Zero aid is coming from the airline and not much choice of airport food to be had. And oh so expensive.
The second time comes around.... Nothing announced when it should be. I finally find someone form the airline for an explanation - another flight at an airport 100 miles away has been cancelled so they've delayed our flight to bus people up from there to join us.
Gahhh.
Once the plane landed then it was stuck on the runway for nearly half an hour due to a problem with the stairs _we ultimately had to enter the terminal through the fire escape. Big windy dangerous metal stairs. How elderly people managed I don't know. And no push chair returned at the gate. So we had to carry the baby through a good km of airport
Oh. And it was a bad allergy day. Winning. Such a winning day.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Grey Fox

Air lines are assholes. Should have driven in your own privately owned vehicle.

Or better don't travel.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Well, the Puerto Rican Ninjas are about to destroy me in LFFL 20 in the Quarterfinals.

...However, the reason is that Tom Brady and Leonard Fournette didn't do shit and the Saints beat the Bucs 9-0.  I'll take it.

WHO DAT!

Savonarola

I once saw a headline in the BBC's online edition which read "Should You Keep a Stiff Upper Lip?"  :bowler: (The answer was "Yes", of course.)  That seemed like the most British headline possible.  I was reminded of that when I saw the following headline in the Globe and Mail:

If maple syrup stops flowing like it did in the springs of my youth, what will Canada become?

:(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

The release date of the NES was closer to ww2 than the modern day.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 22, 2021, 08:51:56 AM
The release date of the NES was closer to ww2 than the modern day.

We need an :Olds: smiley, though then again the whole board might now qualify for that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

In Japan? 4 more years to get to Europe back then, with intra-European region locking.

Syt

So new chat messages of disgraced ÖVP functionary Schmid have leaked. They are from his time in the finance ministry and his trying to accommodate an entrepreneur who was attempting to get out of a multi-million taxes to be paid after an audit. In one of the internal messages a cabinet aide raised concerns about the legality of this to which Schmid replied, "Don't forget - you're working in an ÖVP cabinet. You're a whore for the rich!"  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

We don't have any parties where that couldn't be said.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

A friend of mine just wished "Happy Canukkah" on Facebook.

You Canadians should absolutely make this happen.

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on December 23, 2021, 01:32:12 PM
A friend of mine just wished "Happy Canukkah" on Facebook.

You Canadians should absolutely make this happen.

Canukkah.  I like it. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Languish has finally died
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.