News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Cars are not for the timid.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

The situation had materially changed and there was now a clear solution where we both got what we wanted and I didn't have to fight a 60 year old man.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2021, 05:55:06 AM
Another grand why driving is horrible experience today.
At the supermarket parking is full. Eventually I find a space squeezed between two posh cars who have parked terribly off centre.
I spend 5 minutes going in and out trying to fit without hitting them. Eventually make it and have to climb out the passenger side door to get out.

Then from the driver side car some awful woman finally decides to make herself known to say I can't park there as its blocking her husband from getting in.
Like.
Couldnt you have told me this earlier. FFS

Woa woa hold your horses. Are you using a car to SHOP?! How does THAT fit with your desire to rob everyone the use of their car? :P

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2021, 06:00:30 AM
So? She can pull out and he get in once she's done so.

Indeed. If you were in a legit parking spot, the dimensions of their car and its unpracticality in an urban setting should be none of your concern.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2021, 08:13:13 AM
The situation had materially changed and there was now a clear solution where we both got what we wanted and I didn't have to fight a 60 year old man.

You mean THEY got what they wanted, zero inconvenience by inconveniencing you.

Eddie Teach

Well, he did get rid of them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on December 18, 2021, 08:24:06 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2021, 08:13:13 AM

You mean THEY got what they wanted, zero inconvenience by inconveniencing you.

Only slightly. Possibly net gain as my car wasn't smashed up.
Letting someone out is just good manners. Quite a different thing to not taking a parking space some inconsiderate person has made hard to use.
Also I guess that this guy was married to the woman made me sympathetic to him.

QuoteWoa woa hold your horses. Are you using a car to SHOP?! How does THAT fit with your desire to rob everyone the use of their car? :P
It greatly informs my knowledge of the current shittiness of the car centric country and makes me dream of a day when it is no longer such a necessity for so many people.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

The nice thing about the car is you can do a couple weeks worth of shopping all at once. Have fun lugging all that stuff on the bus.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 18, 2021, 09:50:48 AM
The nice thing about the car is you can do a couple weeks worth of shopping all at once. Have fun lugging all that stuff on the bus.
Why would you want to do that?
After the first few days you'll be eating nothing but tinned food.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2021, 09:55:13 AM
Why would you want to do that?
After the first few days you'll be eating nothing but tinned food.

Google "cooking" :P

Threviel

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2021, 07:01:37 AM
Quote from: Threviel on December 18, 2021, 06:31:23 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2021, 05:55:06 AM
Another grand why driving is horrible experience today.
At the supermarket parking is full. Eventually I find a space squeezed between two posh cars who have parked terribly off centre.
I spend 5 minutes going in and out trying to fit without hitting them. Eventually make it and have to climb out the passenger side door to get out.

Then from the driver side car some awful woman finally decides to make herself known to say I can't park there as its blocking her husband from getting in.
Like.
Couldnt you have told me this earlier. FFS

I would not have moved my car one mm. What did you do?
I said she could have told me she was there earlier and it was her fault as she parked horribly... but then the husband showed up quite awkwardly so I moved so they could leave.

I would have done the same under those circumstances.

Razgovory

A car stole Tyr's Highschool girlfriend.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

I get those big grocery sprees delivered. Otherwise, I stop at the grocery on my way home and buy what I am going to cook in the evening. It fits in a single bag.
Que le grand cric me croque !

chipwich

Do jews tell boring rambling stories about the Holocaust at family gatherings?

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2021, 02:57:08 PM
A car stole Tyr's Highschool girlfriend.
You joke.
But car based society certainly didn't help my chances of getting one.
██████
██████
██████