The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

ITV News accidentally announced the death of the Pope this morning :lol:
https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1474797758712365062?s=21
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

So what's up with trump saying the vaccine works? Has he been kidnapped and replaced by aliens?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on December 26, 2021, 08:34:31 AM
So what's up with trump saying the vaccine works? Has he been kidnapped and replaced by aliens?
I've always thought that it would eat him up that arguably his one genuine achievement is hated by his base and wondered which would win out his desire to take credit or keep his base happy :lol:

Still he's doinig good things with all these very pro-vaccine messages.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

I'm famous!  :w00t:  When I picked up chess earlier this year, I never expected to be featured so quickly in the video of #1 chess Youtuber, GothamChess.  Some people in the chat actually thought I was a GM, and a couple even suggested I was Magnus Carlsen (which doesn't make sense, as he doesn't play on chess.com, but the compliment is nice to hear).

Without further ado, here is the highlight of my life, starting at 20 minute mark: https://youtu.be/1gfCG4bYVYM?t=1212

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on December 26, 2021, 01:00:16 PM
I'm famous!  :w00t:  When I picked up chess earlier this year, I never expected to be featured so quickly in the video of #1 chess Youtuber, GothamChess.  Some people in the chat actually thought I was a GM, and a couple even suggested I was Magnus Carlsen (which doesn't make sense, as he doesn't play on chess.com, but the compliment is nice to hear).

Without further ado, here is the highlight of my life, starting at 20 minute mark: https://youtu.be/1gfCG4bYVYM?t=1212

So, did you get the therapy he recommended?

Congrats on your rapid rise, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I wish I knew the rules to know what's going on there. It seems you acted erratically passing up chances to win (traps?) and then your connection dropped when you were on the brink of winning?
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on December 26, 2021, 01:30:44 PM
I wish I knew the rules to know what's going on there. It seems you acted erratically passing up chances to win (traps?) and then your connection dropped when you were on the brink of winning?
Both of us acted very erratically.  It was like two pit bulls on PCP duking it out; both of us were so focused on going for the jugular that we completely ignored our own vulnerabilities.  But, because both of us were so focused on the jugulars, we usually missed the chances to pounce on other exposed weaknesses that were presented to us. 

It was just a comedy of errors from both sides.  During the game, I realized a couple of times one move too late that I missed out on a winning move, which just put me on tilt more and more.  At the end of the game, I was running out of time, which is how I ultimately lost the game (but I was going to be mated anyway).

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 26, 2021, 08:47:01 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 26, 2021, 08:34:31 AM
I've always thought that it would eat him up that arguably his one genuine achievement is hated by his base and wondered which would win out his desire to take credit or keep his base happy :lol:

Still he's doinig good things with all these very pro-vaccine messages.
It would be the ultimate irony if doing the right thing for the first time in his long life will be what finally does him in.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on December 26, 2021, 03:00:28 PM
It would be the ultimate irony if doing the right thing for the first time in his long life will be what finally does him in.
But also very in character if doing the right thing was only an accidental side effect of his narcissism.

Very cool on the chess video too. I enjoyed that :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Huge fan of the Czech military's video of them shooting down and detaining Santa because the baby Jesus delivers presents there:
https://twitter.com/ArmadaCR/status/1474016039314862084?s=20
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 26, 2021, 03:39:38 PM
Huge fan of the Czech military's video of them shooting down and detaining Santa because the baby Jesus delivers presents there:
https://twitter.com/ArmadaCR/status/1474016039314862084?s=20
Tax payer money well spent 😎

Though must say I find it amusing that this comes from one of the most athiest countries around. Seems like something you'd expect of Poland.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

So apparently Poland is very conflicted over who brings gifts at Christmas:

It could be Saint Nicholas, Jesus, an Angel or David Bowie.

And then of course there's Catalonia.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

I am surprised that the number-one suspect is not

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Christmas lads sound like the last people you want showing up at your door... except for maybe pedo Galician Santa.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.