News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

So I read about the verdict on CNN in the case the media doesn't want us to know about.  Was something special suppose to happen?  I didn't care that much but CNN has been banging on about it for two solid weeks.  It was hard to miss.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: Razgovory on December 30, 2021, 01:21:23 PM
So I read about the verdict on CNN in the case the media doesn't want us to know about.  Was something special suppose to happen?  I didn't care that much but CNN has been banging on about it for two solid weeks.  It was hard to miss.

The special bit is that the BBC screwed the pooch in their post-verdict coverage:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bbc-alan-dershowitz-ghislaine-maxwell-interview-1235144707/
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ghislaine-maxwell-alan-dershowitz-interview-bbc-1235068400/
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/30/world/americas/bbc-alan-dershowitz-ghislaine-maxwell-epstein.html

Syt

I've randomly noticed that I'm blocked by Stone Cold Steve Austin on Twitter.  :huh:

Two possible reasons: 1. a few years ago I mentioned that according to some accounts he was nervous about the blading (the drawing of blood) before his Wrestlemania 13 match against Bret Hart (he pointed out it was not true). 2. I follow and regularly like tweets by Brian Zane who among YouTube wrestling content creators has quite outspoken "woke" views on Twitter. Otherwise no idea why.

Not that I seem to miss much. His timeline is mostly promoting his podcasts appearances, WWE stuff, going hunting, or his Instagram (which has much of the same content).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

As long as he doesn't give you a virtual stunner...  :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Happy New year old friends.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Happy New Year. Happier still when my neighbors run out of fireworks.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I see Simon Callow's been overlooked in the New Year's honours yet again <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Happy New Year. Didn't plan on spending the day half conscious with a stomach bug and 38.5 fever.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

Happy New Year!

Cooked myself a bacon and eggs breakfast this morning to mark the arrival of the new year.

frunk

Neighbors accidentally set their house on fire to start the new year.  Luckily we alerted them quickly enough and they ended up with just a scorch mark up the side of the house.

Syt

Proof printers are evil.

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

:D

That dude whose BBQ stopped working because of a software update remains my favorite "we need to rethink IoT" moment, though.

Syt

I showed this to a coworker. He says Canon is the worst. He has a printer/scanner combo at home, mostly to scan documents and stuff. He says it will not allow him to scan unless there's a non-empty printer cartridge installed. :XD:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Yeah, Canon is terrible. Years ago I owned a Canon printer and it wouldn't let me print B/W documents if there wasn't a non-empty color cartridge installed. I stopped buying from them.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on January 03, 2022, 08:50:12 AM
:D

That dude whose BBQ stopped working because of a software update remains my favorite "we need to rethink IoT" moment, though.

But it didn't stop working. Instead, it proved that a lot of people read a headline or a tweet and concluded what was going on with zero investigation.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien