News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Watching the watch. Its quite good despite the fan rage.. And... I'm noticing something. Richard Dormer, aka Beric Dondaeron from GOT, uses his native Northern Irish accent.... And... I'm really seeing west country similarities for some reason. In the pirate rather than farmer sense. :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Prototype Space Force dress uniforms.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

:lol:

No thanks, I'll carry my own bags.

The Air Force must be pumped they're not the biggest wimps any more.

Syt

If they were red, and added a belt ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2021, 11:55:00 PM
:lol:

No thanks, I'll carry my own bags.

The Air Force must be pumped they're not the biggest wimps any more.

What about the Coast Guard?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 22, 2021, 12:46:47 AM
What about the Coast Guard?

Riding cutters out in big storms is pretty hard core.

Syt

It's nice that Kurz keeps the same decorum at the UN as he does in the Austrian parliament.

QuotePatsy Widakuswara
@pwidakuswara

During Biden's speech, the Austrian Chancellor seemed not entertained, checking his phone, then he started examining his UNGA badge and cracking his fingers following that. #UNGA76
(Some color from UN pooler @white_lenka via @mbesheer )
7:16 PM · Sep 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

In the Amazon category: Best Sellers in Historical German Biographies

The #1 book is a memoir by a French soldier in WW1
The Diary of Anne Frank is in the top 10.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2021, 01:33:10 PM

Those categories are based on tags assigned by the publishers.  If Amazon exerted control over them, there'd be an uproar.

Anyone who ever thought Amazon categories were definitive probably thinks that Wikipedia is definitive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

More importantly Bezos wrote the list while in zero-g aboard the spenis.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on September 22, 2021, 01:39:50 PMThose categories are based on tags assigned by the publishers.  If Amazon exerted control over them, there'd be an uproar.

Anyone who ever thought Amazon categories were definitive probably thinks that Wikipedia is definitive.
Not definitive but useful. The last few times I've browsed Amazon it's borderline unusable. You need to know exactly what you want but browsing (and increasingly recommendations) are not helpful - I think because there's so much sponsored stuff getting listed.

QuotePrototype Space Force dress uniforms.
It looks like Trump designed the trousers.

Horrendous tailoring and so many aesthetic opportunities for Space Force - all flubbed.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2021, 01:33:10 PM

Anne Frank was German, not Dutch. Although technically she would have been stateless by the time she wrote the diary.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 22, 2021, 01:47:10 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 22, 2021, 01:39:50 PMThose categories are based on tags assigned by the publishers.  If Amazon exerted control over them, there'd be an uproar.

Not definitive but useful. The last few times I've browsed Amazon it's borderline unusable. You need to know exactly what you want but browsing (and increasingly recommendations) are not helpful - I think because there's so much sponsored stuff getting listed.

QuotePrototype Space Force dress uniforms.
It looks like Trump designed the trousers.

Horrendous tailoring and so many aesthetic opportunities for Space Force - all flubbed.

They're like Japanese construction worker trousers. Why is this good in space I wonder.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Doesn't hurt to ask, I guess. :D

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring