News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2021, 06:20:53 AM
A German police woman has been put on administrative leave. She wrote romantic letters to the right-wing extremist who tried to attack the synagogue in Halle two years ago and shot several bystanders. She apparently expressed understanding for his actions and that she believed in a Jewish cabal ruling the world.

Or was in desperate husband-hunting mode.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on September 21, 2021, 07:14:47 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2021, 06:20:53 AM
A German police woman has been put on administrative leave. She wrote romantic letters to the right-wing extremist who tried to attack the synagogue in Halle two years ago and shot several bystanders. She apparently expressed understanding for his actions and that she believed in a Jewish cabal ruling the world.

Or was in desperate husband-hunting mode.

Why not both?  :D

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 20, 2021, 05:19:21 PM
Never heard of putting butter on waffles and chicken. Actually never heard of putting butter on waffles period.
Lots of people down here top them with the same shit you put on pancakes.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

I like chicken & waffles with a nice vanilla sauce. My kids eat it with Real Canadian Maple Syrup.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2021, 08:06:40 AM
Never heard of putting butter on waffles and chicken. Actually never heard of putting butter on waffles period.

He's not commenting on what to put on waffles, he's commenting on how extremely limited his knowledge of waffle toppings is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Florida man wearing gloves steals all the chicken

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on September 21, 2021, 08:18:57 AM
He's not commenting on what to put on waffles, he's commenting on how extremely limited his knowledge of waffle toppings is.
I was kind of expecting to be told it's 'wrong' to put butter on waffles. :sleep:

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2021, 12:21:16 PM
I was kind of expecting to be told it's 'wrong' to put butter on waffles. :sleep:

only if you're kosher and have chicken there too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2021, 12:21:16 PM

That is reassuring.  :D

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2021, 08:06:40 AM

Are we talking waffles with the deep squares (like a Belgian waffle) or something that is more flat and looks more like a pancake?

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 21, 2021, 12:45:49 PM
Are we talking waffles with the deep squares (like a Belgian waffle) or something that is more flat and looks more like a pancake?
So people put butter and syrup on both.  Sometimes, more commonly with the former kind you mention, they put whipped cream and fruit on instead.

Regarding chicken and waffles, as a kid when I had that, it had gravy and peas on it, and the chicken was instead roasted and shredded rather than fried.  I didn't realize this until a few years back, but apparently that's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing.

HVC

if you do a  image search for waffle on google the majority have butter on them, and the ones without butter are mostly versions with fruit.  so it can't be that rare.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2021, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 21, 2021, 12:45:49 PM
So people put butter and syrup on both.  Sometimes, more commonly with the former kind you mention, they put whipped cream and fruit on instead.

Regarding chicken and waffles, as a kid when I had that, it had gravy and peas on it, and the chicken was instead roasted and shredded rather than fried.  I didn't realize this until a few years back, but apparently that's a Pennsylvania Dutch thing.

i've tried the pulled chicken version. not a fan.

Caliga

I like it, but I grew up with it, so that's what I knew.