News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Like the complaining parents who elicited BB's post.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2021, 05:32:04 PM
Like the complaining parents who elicited BB's post.

Ah, your comment was aimed at them not garbon. My apologies, I misunderstood.

Eddie Teach

Well, also at garbon's dismissive sniping.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2021, 05:44:41 PM

The article says the principal supported the parents and took the position the teacher made a wrong choice.  I agree with Garbon, what does quoting Genesis have to do with a homophobic school?

edit: well besides the obvious  :P

Eddie Teach

The irony of Christians objecting to a symbol they have also claimed?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2021, 05:44:41 PM

BB went wild about the least relevant part of that post.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I think what BB wanted to do is highlight that beside being homophobic, those people don't even know the religion they use an excuse to be hateful.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 15, 2021, 02:59:08 AM
I think what BB wanted to do is highlight that beside being homophobic, those people don't even know the religion they use an excuse to be hateful.

So par for the course with Christians. Didn't really need a Bible reading.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2021, 03:00:32 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 15, 2021, 02:59:08 AM

So par for the course with Christians. Didn't really need a Bible reading.

Nope.

As opposed to many professed Christians who have no idea what's in their book (or only a few sections that confirm their biases).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Does anyone remember the whole rainbow covid related thing last year?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Oh I still see it being used on NHS signs or up in people's windows and, frankly, I think it's homophobic <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 15, 2021, 04:46:40 AM
Oh I still see it being used on NHS signs or up in people's windows and, frankly, I think it's homophobic <_<

How so? Is it the "Everything will be ok" rainbow? It saw some use here, back in the worst days of the pandemic.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on September 15, 2021, 04:49:35 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 15, 2021, 04:46:40 AM

How so? Is it the "Everything will be ok" rainbow? It saw some use here, back in the worst days of the pandemic.

Are you asking if you should change your avatar?  ;)

celedhring

I probably should anyway, I've had it for years.

Sheilbh

Oh I'm mainly joking :blush:

But yeah it's become a bit of an NHS symbol here but I think started in the same way about covid.
Let's bomb Russia!