And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Now, that is a kick in the guts.

RIP Norm.

He's 1 of the 2 person to blame for my understanding of English. The other is Danielle Fishel.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 14, 2021, 01:47:33 PM
Now, that is a kick in the guts.

RIP Norm.

He's 1 of the 2 person to blame for my understanding of English. The other is Danielle Fishel.

I mean he was only ever a B-list celebrity all in all, but I always enjoyed his brand of deadpan humour.

Apparently he was battling cancer for a decade.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

I hadn't seen this one before.  It Norm Macdonald on Conan's show, it's about 4 minutes long but worth it.  Perfect Norm Macdonald joke.

https://youtu.be/1-MJy7w69EU

Tamas

Some Romanian elementary school teacher made this drawing and printed it using it to welcome children to the new school year. It says something like "welcome in the school, class of 2021-22".

Except, some parents panicked their kid is being exposed to "LGBTQ propaganda" (notice the rainbow) and created a huge fuss about it. Eventually things calmed, they accepted the principal's explanation that the teacher made a "wrong choice" with the leaflet.

The parents also sent a petition to the education ministry, demanding that teachers should not use rainbows, and demanding that messages in schools should not be open to multiple interpretations, and Christian education of their children should be protected.

HVC

RIP. I even liked his mediocre show.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on September 14, 2021, 02:38:18 PM
The parents also sent a petition to the education ministry, demanding that teachers should not use rainbows, and demanding that messages in schools should not be open to multiple interpretations, and Christian education of their children should be protected.

:frusty:

You know symbols like the cross, or the fish, are based on things in the Bible, but aren't specifically mentioned as symbols.

The rainbow is.

Quote12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

17 So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."

Genesis 9:12-17

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2021, 02:51:21 PM
And?

So I'm angry at random Romanian mothers who don't know that.

Barrister

As if you didn't need any other reason to miss Norm Macdonald, he was also a Winnipeg Jets fan:

Josquius

This is quite good. A bike chase on Google street view. Just keep clicking after the guy...
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7001907,-73.9685819,22z
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2021, 05:00:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2021, 02:51:21 PM
And?

You guys don't own the color spectrum.

The only people who act like "you guys own the colour spectrum" are the homophobic right.