News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I rarely buy clothes and there's no way I remember when I've bought stuff.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 13, 2021, 02:41:03 AM
I rarely buy clothes and there's no way I remember when I've bought stuff.

You also regularly get high. Mongers probably doesn't.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

The mongers method of getting high is to cycle a hundred miles or so  :cool:

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 13, 2021, 05:57:17 AM
The mongers method of getting high is to cycle a hundred miles or so  :cool:

:cool:

Agelastus

Quote from: mongers on July 12, 2021, 07:32:34 PM
I bought a raincoat today, turns out it's the first piece of clothing, excluding shoes that I've bought in 4 1/2 years.  :huh: :wacko: :hmm:

How on earth do you manage to make your socks last that long?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Habbaku

I have good quality socks that have lasted for years now.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Agelastus on July 13, 2021, 08:10:07 AM
I bought a raincoat today, turns out it's the first piece of clothing, excluding shoes that I've bought in 4 1/2 years.  :huh: :wacko: :hmm:

He has a second pair and washes the pair he isn't wearing.  Try it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on July 13, 2021, 08:39:05 AM

:D

@Agelastus, the question is, how are your socks not lasting that long?  I have socks older than some of the posters here.  :P

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 13, 2021, 08:48:34 AM
Quote from: grumbler on July 13, 2021, 08:39:05 AM

:D

@Agelastus, the question is, how are your socks not lasting that long?  I have socks older than some of the posters here.  :P

Yeah, I end up rag-binning my socks because of lost elasticity rather than wearing out.

I'm also frustrated by the inability anymore to buy cotton socks.  Polyester socks make me feel like I'm wearing a couple of plastic bags around my feet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Yeah, pretty sure I have some socks over a decade old.
Helps that I don't wear socks indoors I guess?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: grumbler on July 13, 2021, 08:52:32 AM

Yeah, I end up rag-binning my socks because of lost elasticity rather than wearing out.

I'm also frustrated by the inability anymore to buy cotton socks.  Polyester socks make me feel like I'm wearing a couple of plastic bags around my feet.

100% cotton socks are increasingly hard to get, unfortunately, or even 98% + 2% elasthan/whatever synthetic.

Tonitrus

Cotton socks are terrible.

Merino wool socks are superior.

Alpaca wool socks are the pinnacle of comfortableness.

(I've honestly never would even consider polyester socks)

Sheilbh

Bamboo socks are best  :sleep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2021, 10:39:23 AM

I forgot about bamboo...I had a set once, and they were really good, albeit hard to find (in the style I use, anyway).

I wear combat boots all day, and found a company that makes reg-compliant alpaca socks...the feel is like my feet are coated in kittens.  They're also great at temperature regulation...and I almost never suffer from overly sweaty feet.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2021, 10:39:23 AM

They make you vote democrat though; how else do you think Biden stole the election?