Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2021, 07:35:54 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2021, 09:04:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 13, 2021, 02:48:16 PM
I haven't worn socks in years.  They kept getting wet when water came up through the holes in my shoes.
You need to replace your shoes when they get holes in them.

Can't.  I need socks to try on new shoes at the shoe store.

Buy socks, carry them with you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Or you can just try on the shoes with the damp socks.  In my experience, no one in the shoe store checks the condition of your socks.

crazy canuck

I agree that Alpaca wool socks are the height of comfort.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on July 14, 2021, 08:32:56 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on July 13, 2021, 09:11:30 PM
Old English versus modern English speakers. How much can they pick up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaRBAT0TLs&t=460s

Love this channel, Latin intelligibility vs. Romance speakers, Old Norse vs. Scandi languages, this channel has it all.

Just watched the Latin Vs. Romance languages and it's pretty interesting. It's quite unique to see Latin being spoken fluently, and quite understandable to boot (at least for a Romance language speaker).

Those who studied Latin beg to differ for the uniqueness of Latin being spoken fluently.
As for Romance language speakers, depend which language we are talking about.  :P

Nice video, however.

Razgovory

I studies Latin for three years in high school.  There were four choices of languages in school.  Spanish, German, French and Latin.  I picked Latin so nobody would know if I sucked at it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2021, 09:29:20 AM
I studies Latin for three years in high school.  There were four choices of languages in school.  Spanish, German, French and Latin.  I picked Latin so nobody would know if I sucked at it.

"I'm just speaking American Latin, that's why you can't understand me"
██████
██████
██████

Syt

The German Bundeswehr now also has a Space Command or WELTRAUMKOMMANDO (currently under the Luftwaffe).

The symbol top right ... yeah, really creative, guys.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

OTOH it could have been so much worse.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Yeah UK also formed a Space Command this year, but I think it's joint forces plus civil service. They don't have a new badge yet I don't think :(
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

The Martian Light Horse.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on July 14, 2021, 10:14:19 AM
The German Bundeswehr now also has a Space Command or WELTRAUMKOMMANDO (currently under the Luftwaffe).

The symbol top right ... yeah, really creative, guys.

I love that everyone is so obviously working towards a united star fleet
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Jupiter also created a Space Command.

Change is not dramatic, shall we say?

Syt

TFW you watch a documentary about the Hammerskins network in Germany and their leading figure and éminence grise for Europe is a guy you met twice in holiday camp when you were both 10 or 11 years old. :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Holiday cam?
Following Yi's explanation of sexcam market practices?

Interesting.  :lol:

[spoiler]I know it's a typo.[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2021, 10:25:31 AM
Yeah UK also formed a Space Command this year, but I think it's joint forces plus civil service. They don't have a new badge yet I don't think :(

They've got a couple sources to work from...