News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

How the hell does Nebraska rate higher than Iowa?

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2021, 03:46:18 PM
How the hell does Nebraska rate higher than Iowa?

Right??

It seems like a lot of people are going off reputation rather having been there.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Larch

Valmy

Well that is true. I have only barely been to Florida :P

New Mexico might just be the most depressing place to drive through. I know Santa Fe is nice but man 28th?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Stunned by Montana - I mean I'm European but even I know the it's famous for National Parks.

Also slightly surprised North Carolina's so high :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

North Carolina: pro: endess beautiful forests.

Cons: horrible BBQ
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Beautiful coastline, good weather, cute girls, sexy accents, much less college rape than before.

Jacob

The Minsky Moment

Duke Lacrosse reference?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 15, 2021, 05:08:21 PM
Duke Lacrosse reference?

Almost certainly.

Jacob:  number of years ago members of the Duke Lacrosse team were accused of rape by a stripper and were charged with same after a team party.  Ultimately charges were dropped and prosecutor resigned.  Was a big story at the time (white Duke kids, black accuser, black prosecutor).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2021, 03:34:25 PM
The shitty part (the panhandle) is Alabama.

Or South Georgia.  Either way it all kind of sucks.

Habbaku

That whole area needs to be lopped off and become South South Carolina.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

I liked the Augusta area when a bunch of us visited Spanky.