News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Suffered bad leg damage, apparently.

I was perhaps too flippant with my initial post. I hope he's ok. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on February 23, 2021, 04:48:13 PM
Suffered bad leg damage, apparently.

I was perhaps too flippant with my initial post. I hope he's ok. 

Poor dude has struggled with his back for so long. Fuck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Interesting polling on sexuality - this is from the UK but there were virtually identical results in the US too:

Nature is healing and we are returning to our natural ancient/classical world state :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Hmm, I do wonder to what extent the self deniers and bi cos it's trendy folk cancel each other out.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I don't know. I think we are still not great at accepting bisexuality.

I think people who say they're bi are often slightly suspected of being as you say a little bit faddish or actually gay but not able to accept it (it's a station you call at on the way to coming out as gay). I'm not sure how many bi people there are because I think there is still a slight perception that it's not a "real" sexuality - and this is as much, if not more, by gay people as straight people. I have bi friends who have found gay people very intolerant that they are actually still attracted to the opposite sex.

Hopefully we'll get rid of that sort of environment and we may then discover there are loads of bi people :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

With self deniers I was less thinking of gay people who insist they're bi and more bi people who go with being straight as its easier.
Would be a fascinating study to see which way things tend to go. Though it's all very based around putting stuff that doesn't neatly fit into boxes into boxes.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The first openly gay friend I had spent some time as a bisexual. As a result of that, he is one of the most bi-intolerant people I know, "bisexuality is not real" and all that.

Legbiter

Felt a couple of fairly strong 5.3 earthquakes here with many smaller 3s as aftershocks. All compressed into a 30 minute timeframe.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on February 24, 2021, 06:22:16 AM
The first openly gay friend I had spent some time as a bisexual. As a result of that, he is one of the most bi-intolerant people I know, "bisexuality is not real" and all that.

:lol:

Sheilbh

Yeah - it is a very real issue and weirdly means that gay spaces are not actually necessarily that welcoming or friendly for bi people :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

How often are bisexual people in a relationship with another bisexual person?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 24, 2021, 06:35:55 AM
Yeah - it is a very real issue and weirdly means that gay spaces are not actually necessarily that welcoming or friendly for bi people :(

I will say that my friend is a bit of a dick, and bisexuality is just one in a rather long list of things he's an asshole about  :P

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on February 24, 2021, 07:10:57 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 24, 2021, 06:35:55 AM

I will say that my friend is a bit of a dick, and bisexuality is just one in a rather long list of things he's an asshole about  :P

It's still a reality, though. A female acquitance of mine who recently came out as bi complains bitterly on the intransigence of lesbians against bi women in dating apps and similar environments.

Josquius

Live map of trains in Switzerland.
And when I say live I mean live.
The satellite view is simply mesmerising.

http://maps.vasile.ch/transit-sbb/
██████
██████
██████

ulmont

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 24, 2021, 06:06:08 AM
Interesting polling on sexuality - this is from the UK but there were virtually identical results in the US too:

Nature is healing and we are returning to our natural ancient/classical world state :lol:

This being a selection of all online respondents seems to make it worthless (also this does seem to be a US poll).