News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2021, 02:25:25 PM
My film history professor gave us a similar "welcome" in our first day of film school.

Her: Do you love watching movies, sci-fi, weterns, action films, thrillers, dramas....?
Us: Yes!
Her: Well, I'm sorry to tell you that you will stop doing it!

Part of the reason I decided I didn't want to make art for money.

I really enjoy making art ... and I'd like to keep it that way!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

chipwich

Is there a way to change my desktop calendar to the French Revolutionary calendar?

Oexmelin

Not that I am aware of, but there is a Twitter account, @sansculotides that will give you the current date according to it.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote from: chipwich on February 06, 2021, 08:06:43 PM
Is there a way to change my desktop calendar to the French Revolutionary calendar?

I bought a wall calendar that I consult for the true date in this glorious era of Liberté.

But there are sadly very few Revolutionary Calendar resources out there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2021, 08:27:51 PM

I bought a wall calendar that I consult for the true date in this glorious era of Liberté.

Perhaps a prayer to the Supreme Being would help  :hmm:

Valmy

Well now that is not very rational. One honors the Supreme Being through civic virtue not superstitions of the ancien régime
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on February 07, 2021, 04:21:13 AM
Well now that is not very rational. One honors the Supreme Being through civic virtue not superstitions of the ancien régime
Yes, sorry citizen....I lost my head there for a moment.

Duque de Bragança

Apps in French for smartphones or computers are not too hard to find but not exactly what chipwich asked. Maybe I'll download one before somebody goes Fouquier-Tinville on me.  :hmm:

Razgovory

I found where one of my great-grandfathers lived in St. Louis.

https://goo.gl/maps/FNRnD94GbCHWpTbN6

It's seen better days.  Apparently he lived in the ghetto.  It was the only place in the city where black people could own property (he lived there over a century ago).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2021, 01:30:30 PM

It's seen better days.  Apparently he lived in the ghetto.  It was the only place in the city where black people could own property (he lived there over a century ago).
Wait... You're black? :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 07, 2021, 07:33:56 AM

Well the religion only existed for a few months over 220 years ago so I will forgive your ignorance Royalist pig.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 07, 2021, 08:25:06 AM

Apps in French for smartphones or computers are not too hard to find but not exactly what chipwich asked. Maybe I'll download one before somebody goes Fouquier-Tinville on me.  :hmm:

What I really wanted was an plug in for my sig here on Languish to remind everybody it is Octidi 18 Pluviôse 229.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on February 07, 2021, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2021, 01:30:30 PM

Wait... You're black? :blink:

Not to my knowledge.  I think I would have noticed something like that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Oexmelin

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 07, 2021, 07:33:56 AM

I hope it doesn't happen again, for your sake. The Comité is not as forgiving as I am.

Que le grand cric me croque !