News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm surprised Poland is scoring so high in Central London.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 05, 2020, 08:22:12 AM

Well seems a little bit expansive on Central London. If say that was reduced to zone 1, most of the Polish areas would fall outside of it. And I say this as someone whose current area has just be slightly cropped out on that Central London view - and I'm a far cry from what I'd call central. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

The three wards listing Japanese surprise and intrigue me.

[Well, a little anyway.]
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2020, 08:31:09 AM

Well seems a little bit expansive on Central London. If say that was reduced to zone 1, most of the Polish areas would fall outside of it. And I say this as someone whose current area has just be slightly cropped out on that Central London view - and I'm a far cry from what I'd call central. -_-
I said central-ish :P It's up to about Zone 3 I think.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Swedish should be bigger. Does Swedish have enough good events and leaders?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2020, 08:34:41 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2020, 08:31:09 AM

I said central-ish :P It's up to about Zone 3 I think.

I mean it is a map that shows almost all of the DLR routes. I think just minus the one stop left in zone 4. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

I had no idea that Brixton was such an Iberian stronghold.  :ph34r:

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2020, 08:38:51 AM
:lol: I am not in Brixton but in the Spanish/Portuguese area. There is an Iberian presence, but I think it's probably mostly Latin Americans.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2020, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2020, 08:38:51 AM
:lol: I am not in Brixton but in the Spanish/Portuguese area. There is an Iberian presence, but I think it's probably mostly Latin Americans.

It all remains within the family.  :P

Valmy

Latin Americans often don't like being lumped in the Spanish and Portuguese but I guess if you actually move to Europe you are probably fine with that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2020, 08:59:04 AM
Latin Americans often don't like being lumped in the Spanish and Portuguese but I guess if you actually move to Europe you are probably fine with that.
:lol: Maybe. In my area the shops/restaurants/cafes are pretty clearly Latin American (mainly Colombian and Brazilian). We have an event in the area for Colombian independence day and a (small) Latin American carnival.

There is also a large Spanish and Portuguese community. This area has a lot of Portuguese, but in general I'd associate the Spanish community more with East London (in the Bengali bits especially). I used to live there during the Eurozone crisis and I remember there was like one year from when the supermarket went form having one or two Spanish products to an entire aisle :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

With what many say about London, I'm sure there is some yob out there who'd say that for "second language", they're surprised those aren't all "English".  :P

Caliga

I looked for Merican on that map and didn't see it.  Are we: unwelcome now  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 05, 2020, 11:55:17 AM
I looked for Merican on that map and didn't see it.  Are we: unwelcome now  :(

When did American become a language?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points